We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September

Orange, California
Level Contributor
359 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in September

Just booked tickets for sept 8th-16th.

Has anyone been during this time? How is the weather? Is the water still clear blue and beautiful? I was there in July 2014 and Loved it!! Also is there Tuesday nights with music in sept?

Thank you so much!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,383 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in September

The Tuesday nights with music are during high season in Grand Case. Sept. is hot and humid. The water is still clear blue and beautiful. Very warm. No crowds. But I would advise you to take out trip insurance, it is high hurricane season. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Case
Grand Case
St Martin / St Maarten
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,097 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in September

Have been many times over Labor Day week - very hot (90++ day) (70++ night) and humid with one bright sunny picture post-card day after another - and occasional brief showers scattered lasting 20 minutes or so, more so at night, this is the height of the hurricane season this can change weather conditions in a hurry and as mentioned having trip cancellation insurance is a good option.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,854 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in September

In my 7 years on the island have only seen a half dozen 90 degree days. It seems hotter because the breeze is gone and the humidity is up. Nights do not go below 80 in September

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
590 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in September

i have been there in september great weather like always but just a chance of hurricane which you are in hurricane season in the caribbean from june to november even east coast of us gets the heavy rains and sometimes hurricanes. you just have to take a chance. actually i don't want to scare you i was in hurricane luis one of the biggest that hit st. martin i was there end of august september we made it though there has not been a big one there in years i would not worry at all.

Edited: 23 April 2015, 20:44
Triangle, NC
Level Contributor
157 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in September

We have been three consecutive Septembers and will be back for our fourth this year. The only days that have been too hot are those without a breeze, but thankfully, those are rare. After August in North Carolina, our tolerance for hot and humid is at an all-time high, so the weather in St. Martin has seldom been a problem.

The water is perfect and great for cooling off.

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: Weather in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2016, 05:15