We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurrican Felix?

Sandy Hook...
Level Contributor
102 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Hurrican Felix?

My sister is down in the British Virgin Islands on a chartered sail boat. I know Hurricane Felix is not near BVI, but can anyone say how this dangerous storm is affecting the waters there? I can't imagine being in a 40 foot sailboat. We were on the Disney cruise in the Bahamas a few years back and there was a hurricane very far away in the Mexican gulf side and and we felt the waves at night.

Thanks!

Wendy

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurrican Felix?

I'm in Barbados and the water is very flat - I know it's a way from BVI but I can't imagine they would be experiencing anything bad from Felix at this stage - especially as they are well to the East.

Sarah

Sandy Hook...
Level Contributor
102 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurrican Felix?

Thanks, Sarah and take care!

Wendy

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurrican Felix?

My friend is in the BVI currently as well and says it's been very calm and nice out.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurrican Felix?

From what I'm hearing the waters aren't any rougher than usual

5. Re: Hurrican Felix?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 00:15