We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

Rosenberg, Texas
9 posts
Save Topic
Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

Alright, I appreciate all the help I've recieved in previous threads. I have it finally narrowed down to either Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay? Which one and why? Thanks in advance.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

bump- hope you get some answers

Rosenberg, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

anybody?

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

I am very surprised you have not gotten some feedback. I have only been to Virgin Gorda once- last month- so I am certainly no expert but, in absence of that expert weighing in, I will tell you my opinion. We stayed at a place called Mango Bay Resort (see website- to me it seemed more of a very small, quiet and private, residential compound rather than what I would call a resort) on Mahoe Bay- we absolutely loved it and would recommend it without pause. Even though I booked almost a year in advance I was not able to get a beachfront unit and got an oceanview unit instead- it was still wonderful. We rented a jeep and drove all over the island. In doing so, we had dinner one night and lunch one day at Nail Bay. The restaurant was very interesting- semi open air, made of stone and in a recessed area like part of a small hillside- and the food we had was very good- there was a swim up bar there with a nice view (from a high elevation) of the water in the distance. We drove down to the beach area there also. With what I saw, I Iiked Mahoe Bay much better - we were right on the water and could walk right out to the beach- calm , reef protected water with good swimming, some snorkeling, and kayaks to use- plenty of lounge chairs and some tables/chairs and hammocks- very comfortable. The week we were there we hardly saw a soul. There were a couple of people staying at one of the homes there on the beach- from what we could see the homes looked very nice and seemed very private and protected by lush gardens. You did not say if you were looking at private homes or at the rental units at Nail Bay (there seemed to be what looked like condo units on the hill above the restaurant and I know there are homes there as well).

Mahoe Bay was a little closer to town and so to other restaurants, bars, shops or markets so it was very convenient to heading either way on the island. Nail Bay was farther up a dead end road so you had to come back down it and past Mahoe Bay to get to the main road.

I hope someone with more information will help you out. I hope you find what you are looking for. Again, I would take a look at Mango Bay- it was a great spot- wonderful service, quiet, beautiful sunsets and in a great location. if you want some photos, you can look at my recent review or send me a PM.

Rosenberg, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

I am specifically looking at villas with private pools. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

5. Re: Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2010, 16:22
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

Have only visited Nail but have stayed in villas on Mahoe 3 x, and we are in VIlla del Sole on Mahoe even as we speak. They are terrific, luxury villas, and all have pools, lots of privacy, great views, modern appliances, wi fi, and great snrokeling right out your front door.

You can't go wrong on VG, alashas

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

Hi alashas- hope you have a great trip. Thanks again for all the wonderful advice on our recent trip!

TxJustin- this guy gives great tips- hope you find just what you are looking for.

Rosenberg, Texas
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

I sure did. Thanks for all the help guys. I seriously think I'm overthinking this whole thing. I'm sure I can't go wrong with either.

9. Re: Nail Bay or Mahoe Bay VG?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about British Virgin Islands