We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scrub Island - Kid Friendly?

Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Scrub Island - Kid Friendly?

Considering Scrub Island for holidays in December 2012. Is the resort kid friendly at that time of year?

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scrub Island - Kid Friendly?

We haven't been on Scrub Island since they completed the work on the resort, so can't give you any first hand info. Since their accommodations include 2 bedroom suites that can accommodate 6, I'm sure they have children, at least from time to time, and would guess there will be at least some other children on the island during the holiday period.

How old are your children, and how would they feel staying at a resort that will probably have more adults than children? Since the island is not that large, I imagine you'll be taking a ferry to Tortola a fair amount in order to do things, unless you just hang out and get r&r at Scrub.

Some of the resorts, such as Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda, cater more to families with children and generally have children's programs. I've been at the dive shop at LDB during the holidays and have seen a fair # of children.

Have a great trip, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scrub Island - Kid Friendly?

I was at Scrub in March and there were a few children there at the time, of course they were with the grandparents aboard a 100 foot motor yacht in the marina. I would think it best to direct your question to the management at Scrub. I would think extremely well behaved children would be welcomed, just like any resort, but Scrub isn't the type of facility where you can just turn them loose on their own. My children are late teens,early twenties now. I think they would enjoy Scrub now. If they were 7-10 years, I don't think this facility would be attractive and entertaining enough for them after 1 day. Good luck!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scrub Island - Kid Friendly?

They are a family resort and kids friendly -.Saw lot of families with kids (from infants) last month.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
164 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scrub Island - Kid Friendly?

The reviews for Scrub are all over the board. I would wait.... Try Caneel Bay in St. John. Our kids; 6 & 10 loved every minute!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scrub Island - Kid Friendly?

In addition to LDB on VG, I concur with Caneel Bay as a wonderful "kid friendly" resort.

all the best, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2friends

6. Re: Scrub Island - Kid Friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 10:20