We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about the ferries

Lewisberry...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Questions about the ferries

1. Do many people get seasick on these?

2. Our flight gets into STT at 1:30pm on Saturday. Id like to go to JVD for Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue and then take a Wed morning ferry to Virgin Gorda for Wed, Thur, Fri and catch a Sat ferry from Virgin Gorda back to STT in time for a 3:30pm flight. Is this possible, and if so, what's my best bet.

THANKS!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about the ferries

1. No, in 5 years living here I have not seen anyone seasick.

2. Ferry to West End Tortola

from St Thomas Charlotte Amalie (10mins taxi from airport)

bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_sttCA_tortola.htm

from St Thomas Red Hook (30mins taxi from airport)

bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_sttRH_tortola.htm

Ferry to Jost (from West End Tortola)

bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_jost.htm

To get to Virgin Gorda, you need to take the ferry back to West End, then taxi to Road Town. Ferry RT to VG

bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_vg.htm

Taxis are a rip off in BVI, don't be surprised, prices here: (scroll to the bottom)

http://www.bvitourism.com/taxi-services

For your trip to the airport get on 8:30am Sppedys from VG

bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_vg_stt_speedys.h…

This is your best connection as it's a direct ferry and Sppedys is the only reliable ferry right now. In CA (you'll be out of C&I at about 10:30am) leave your luggage in storage with taxi drivers, go for lunch and then head to the airport, I would not recommend taking any later ferry

Lewisberry...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about the ferries

Awesome. Thank you so much for the thorough answer!

One last question... do you purchase all of the ferry tickets at the terminal the day of departure, or should we be purchasing these ahead of time?

Boston
Level Contributor
6,660 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about the ferries

You purchase them upon departure.

4. Re: Questions about the ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about British Virgin Islands