We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BVI accomodations

Hampton, VA
Level Contributor
69 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
BVI accomodations

Ok gang, I have stayed in the BVI and St John numerous times. Trying to get away from the boat charter and villa scene and just do a bit of island hopping. Anegada is a bit too far to do an overnighter but looking at Tortola and Yost Van Dyke as a good 6 day hopper. Any suggestions? I have stayed at Elm Beach Suites, Jolly Roger, Village Cay, and Rhymers in Tortola but haven't stayed in YVD yet. Thinking about trying Myetts Inn in CGB or Seacrest in YVD.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BVI accomodations

HI HokieHoo,

Since you've already stayed at Tortola, you might want to consider adding VG to your itinerary - it has a lot of great beaches and is laid back, similar to St. John, but is less hilly and easier to drive. Can you add a couple of days to your itinerary? If so, consider splitting time on VG and JVD, with more nights in VG, since White Bay is the primary beach at JVD - people go to Great Harbour for the restaurants and bars, but don't hang out much at its beach.

Go HOOS, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Boston
Level Contributor
6,463 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BVI accomodations

I agree and based on the places you have stayed would suggest that you look into Fisher's Cove hotel. I think it would be a good fit. Also, can recommend Myetts in CGB.

Hampton, VA
Level Contributor
69 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BVI accomodations

We enjoy CGB but Elm Beach continues to slide and I thought we could try Myetts this time. Better choice?

Boston
Level Contributor
6,463 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BVI accomodations

I think it is a much better choice and the other place you should look into is Mongoose Apts. which is just down the beach from both Elm and Myetts. We have stayed at both Myetts and Mongoose and can recommend both of them.

Virginia
Level Contributor
237 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BVI accomodations

I second mongoose as a place to stay. Fairly easy access to JVD from there too.

Hampton, VA
Level Contributor
69 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BVI accomodations

Makes me feel better about Myetts. Have stayed at Elm Beach several times and it is getting kind of ???? Still love their Barbeques and bar but Elvetts need some cleanup. Now all we have to do is figure out how to keep the cruise ships out.

Hampton, VA
Level Contributor
69 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BVI accomodations

How far are the Mongoose Apts from Elm Beach?

Boston
Level Contributor
6,463 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BVI accomodations

Just down the beach, (if you are standing at Elm facing the water, they are on the left), but the apartments are across the road. The owners (who are great) have a house on the beach and this is where the beach chairs, floats, kayaks, etc. are. The other nice thing is if a cruise ship is in port, this part of the beach is much quieter.

Hampton, VA
Level Contributor
69 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BVI accomodations

That's intriguing. I'll check their website. Any thoughts on Jost?

Hampton, VA
Level Contributor
69 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BVI accomodations

Most of the places I checked in VG are pricey, although I was looking for villas at the time. Any thoughts on hotels?

Get answers to your questions about British Virgin Islands