We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BVI customs

Chicago
Level Contributor
111 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
BVI customs

We are taking a ferry from Tortola to st Thomas. Where do we go thru customs?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,819 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BVI customs

When you get to St. Thomas.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BVI customs

I assume you are landing in Charlotte Amalie. You have to go through once when you get off the ferry in St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie. US Customs & Immigration are right there when you step off the ferry. Your luggage will also be x-rayed too.

I was just there in January, and now I can't remember if we had to do something else at the airport too. I don't know why, but I think we had to do customs again at the airport, which doesn't make sense?

The line at the ferry is not bad at all, but be prepared to wait in line at the St. Thomas airport. We had to go through two lines, security, and the other must have been customs. It was a long process, so give yourself plenty of time. Have fun!!

Boston
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BVI customs

You will go through Customs and Immigration when you enter the USVI. If you arrive in Charlotte Amalie, you will do it there. If you are going to Red Hook, the ferry will stop at Cruz Bay in STJ to clear as there are no facilities in Red Hook.

When you leave STT to go home, you will clear again at the airport because STT is a pre-clearance airport. Make sure you leave plenty of time because the security lines at the airport can sometimes be very long.

4. Re: BVI customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 06:18