We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay

I am taking 4 girls for college graduation. They want beaches, fun night life and do not want to have to rent a car or spend an incredible amount on taxi. We are up for renting a private home or hotel, but have no idea where. It has been 25 years since I've been to the BVI and I have no clue where to begin. Someone suggested St. John, another suggested Tortola.

NJ
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay

I would suggest Cane Garden Bay to cover all of your criteria. The beach is there with some limited activities, there are restaurants and bars all within walking distance.

Leanne

Villa Sirenetta

Boston
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay

I agree with Cane Garden Bay but the BVI are not the place to go if you are looking for a lot of nightlife. You might find a bit of live music, but other than that, it is pretty laid back.

Pasadena, Maryland
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay

I agree with the first 2 responces, Cane Garden Bay would be the only good choice on Tortola. I think that you would be better off on St John, the girls would have much more to do in Cruz Bay as far as night life goes. There are many restaurants and bars, a few with entertainment. There are quite a few condos right in Cruz Bay, if you are looking for something less expensive take a look at Cruz Views Condos but there lots of choices, you would have to take a cab or drive to the good beaches from there.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay

St John could work, but is quite a bit more expensive than Tortola and you cannot get around without a car or taxis (expensive) which you need because there is hardly any beach accommodation. In Cane Garden Bay you can stay on the beach and get a water taxi to Jost directly from there.

The other place we go is St Croix but there is also not a ton of nightlife there either. We stay at Hotel on the Cay right in Christiansted which could work for you because you can get by without a car. There are many options for accommodation directly on the beach and there is a lot more to do.

5. Re: Best place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about British Virgin Islands