We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anegada Day Trip from Virgin Gorda

New York City
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Anegada Day Trip from Virgin Gorda

Traveling to VG (LDB) the first week in May. Thinking of a day trip over to Anegada with my wife and 3 year old. I have read a bunch of posts on this topic and some people seem to rent a car and others seem to take taxis once on the island. Any thoughts on which is a better option. About how much is a car rental? Can you rent an automatic? Any general thoughts on this day trip with a toddler. Also any thoughts on what seems to be a pretty popular question: Big Bamboo or Lobster Trap for lunch? In one better with a young kid?

Any other day long excursions to consider while in VG?

Thanks in advance for all the great advise.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anegada Day Trip from Virgin Gorda

My advice for a day trip to Anegada with your wife and 3 yr old is to simplify your travel plans and take the Dive BVI trip to Anegada. Dive BVI has a shop in LDB, however, it is a popular trip and I suggest making reservations ahead of time. They have a power cat that will get you to Anegada promptly, and will have pre-arranged taxis to take you to the Big Bamboo at Loblolly Bay. The Big Bamboo is a good restaurant with a large shady area to hang out, and also has a # of palapas on the beach. You will stay here for the duration of your stay on Anegada. The only other place I suggest visiting with your family is the Iguana Project near the Settlement, and one of the cab drivers will be happy to take you there, perhaps after lunch, and then either return to the Big Bamboo, in order to pick up the rest of the group for your trip back to VG, or leave you at the dock, where you can shop for souvenirs, etc.

Have a great trip, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

2. Re: Anegada Day Trip from Virgin Gorda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about British Virgin Islands