We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa in Tortola with pool, clear beach

Bettendorf, Ia
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Villa in Tortola with pool, clear beach

We're looking to go to Tortola in April and want to stay on Tortola. We're thinking of booking Lighthouse Villas, but want to do a little more research. Does anyone have any other recommendations for a Villa on Tortola that has a pool and is not too far up in the hills. We'd like to be close to town so we don't have to cab it too much. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tortola, BVI
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa in Tortola with pool, clear beach

Lemon Grass Villa (Cane Garden Bay) & PurplePineapple.com

Aries4, Morrisville, Pennsylvania

Forum posts: 7

Travel map pins: 52

Lemon Grass Villa: My wife, 2 friends and I stayed at Lemon Grass from May 16, 2008 thru May 26, 2008 during the BVI Music Fest. I can not say enough great things about this villa and PurplePineapple.com (especially Cheryl) who we booked through! It is located in Cane Garden Bay, one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. Cane Garden is also a main anchorage for sailboats and other yachters so the beach is full of great and popular restaurants and bars. Lemon Grass Villa is located on the far north of the beach – high enough up the mountain to be away from the hustle and bustle of the beach activity and high enough to get a nice view of the bay. However, it is not so high up the hill that you can’t get down to Cane Garden Bay on foot in only 10 minutes or less! During the Music Fest, we did get a lot of loud music coming across the bay late into the night but that was to be expected. Otherwise, the normal day and night activity at Cane Garden could barely be heard.

The villa itself is extraordinary. Again, great location. There are other villas nearby but I never felt like I didn’t have enough privacy. Beautiful flowers, foliage, landscaping and stonework around outside. The whole villa was clean and well-kept. Well appointed, stocked and maintained kitchen and bar. Comfortable, cozy and nicely decorated living and bedroom areas. The pool is just the right size and was a favorite place to unwind at the end of the day. The deck gets great sun for sunbathing, there is an outside mini-fridge near the pool, a gas BBQ grill and (importantly) a mosquito magnet. The bedrooms all have A/C, or you could just use the ceiling fans and open the huge doors to the BR’s to cool off with the ocean breeze.

Now for Cheryl and Purple Pineapple. They bent over backwards to help with any problem and meet any request we had the entire week. Anything we had a problem or question with was personally answered or fixed by Cheryl. Even things we thought were minor, Cheryl approached it like it was a major disaster and it was taken care of immediately! By the end of the trip, she had gone from simply our booking agent and customer service contact to a good friend who we hope to keep in touch with for years to come. I strongly recommend using PurplePineapple.com to book on Tortola and any of the other islands or villas they deal with.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa in Tortola with pool, clear beach

Lemon Grass is in a wonderful location. Close enough to walk to the beach and activities of Cane Garden Bay and you have the surf breaking to lull you to sleep. Cheryl at PP is THE one to talk too regarding any villas.

brooklyn, ny
Level Contributor
438 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa in Tortola with pool, clear beach

We stayed at Sade. It has a pool and is walking distance to Smuggler's Cove. You will definitely need a rental car but the location is spectacular.

4. Re: Villa in Tortola with pool, clear beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Tortola