We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cane Garden Bay or West End?

Bettendorf, Ia
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cane Garden Bay or West End?

Planning a trip to BVI's for April. I've narrowed it down to the Lighthouse Villas in Cane Garden Bay and Ft. Recovery in the West End. Both sound very nice, but I'm wondering which is in the better location. We are traveling with another couple and don't want to drive for dinner every night. Any advice would be great.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cane Garden Bay or West End?

CGB in April can extremely crowded with the herds of Cruise Sheeple. Evenings aren't bad, so walking to restaurants(and there are several) is easy. Of course you will probably want to drive out of the area on really crowded days. I sense you would prefer not to drive in the evening(and possibly enjoy several libations with dinner) so the Lighthouse would be a good choice, and Malcia is a wonderful hostess.

Bettendorf, Ia
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cane Garden Bay or West End?

thank you so much. I'm ready to book!!!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cane Garden Bay or West End?

My vote would also be for West End, while I love CGB for going to Quito's on a friday night and lounging on the beach occasionally, that time of year happens to be very crowded and I'd want to have the option of an empty beach when I choose. Also my wife doesn't like the proximity of it to Road Town because when it rains the hills become very slick leading out, esp. if your rental car does not have ABS like a lot of them don't.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cane Garden Bay or West End?

I have stayed at Fort Recovery and it is lovely - however you would need a car to get out and about. As one of the previous posters pointed out because of it's location driving would be easy and be on the flat south coast road and no problem with driving on the slick hills!

Lighthouse is also lovely and there are several places to eat within walking distance but the drawback is the cruise ship days when the beach can become very crowded until around 3 or 4pm - maybe check on the cruise ship schedule for the period you are there to see if it's particularly busy then.

Sarah

5. Re: Cane Garden Bay or West End?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 06:18