We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3:30 arrival in st. Thomas--ferries?

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
581 reviews
Save Topic
3:30 arrival in st. Thomas--ferries?

Is the last ferry at 4:30 for Tortola? I really don't want to stay overnight in ST. Thomas! We are going in March--is that really the last one to get there? Thanks! Ann

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3:30 arrival in st. Thomas--ferries?

assuming no checked luggage , you'll be fine. You can also contact Smith Ferry (Marjorie I beleive) and buy your tickets ahead of time and she can arrange a taxi to be waiting for you to take you direct to ferry. Of course if flight is late, you'll be SOL.

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3:30 arrival in st. Thomas--ferries?

If you can, travel on Sunday:) ferry goes at 5pm and 5:30pm.

www.bestofbvi.com/info/info_bviferry.htm

I used the above link

Newburyport, MA
Level Contributor
31 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3:30 arrival in st. Thomas--ferries?

Curious as to how you made out. We are flying into St. Thomas Saturday, Nov. 1st, late afternoon and need to get to Jost Van Dyke. We are looking at possibly chartering something, but money IS a factor. Any suggestions are welcome!

nakedbeachbum1@yahoo.com if you care to email me directly.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
117 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3:30 arrival in st. Thomas--ferries?

Ruth...

You have options:

1. Dohm's Water Taxi http://www.watertaxi-vi.com/ will schlep a min party of 5 over from Red Hook to JVD for $275 + $55 for your 6th person + taxi from airport to Red Hook ($11 apiece + $2 per bag)

2. IF ( and its a big IF) they're all sticking to the currently published schedules...

Cab to CA ferry dock ($6 apiece + $2/bag) and catch the 4:30-5:00 Smith's from CA to West End ($28), Tortola where you can catch the 6:00 to JVD ($20). As long as you arrive by 4:00 you'll make the CA ferry (they will meet you at the airport and even hold the ferry a bit if you call them before you leave home)

The catch is that some runs are being cut due to the lack of patronage. maybe not likley on these two since they're the last of the day but that just me speculating. I would call soon so you'll if you need alternative plans or not.

Personally, if your entire party of 6 is arriving together, I'd use Dohm's and forget the ferries. It would certainly be worth the total extra $11 apiece.

5. Re: 3:30 arrival in st. Thomas--ferries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 22:24