We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sales at the Beef Island (EIS) Airport?

Charlotte, NC
1 post
Save Topic
Sales at the Beef Island (EIS) Airport?

We are flying down to the Beef Island Airport (EIS) and connecting in San Juan. We are staying at Peter Island and wanted to pick up a few bottles of liquor for the week before we get out there. Is there a small liquor shop at the Beef Island (EIS) Airport or do we need to get our spirits in San Juan? Just don't want to miss our chance, as the Peter Island ferry will pick us up at EIS and then we'll be "capitve" for the week. Thanks!

Liquor Sales at the Beef Island (EIS) Airport?Liquor

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sales at the Beef Island (EIS) Airport?

Hi there,

There is a gift shop in the airport and I believe they do have liquor.

-Michael

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sales at the Beef Island (EIS) Airport?

Yes, there is - quite miserable actually when it comes to the selection and prices. I personally shop in San Juan - I enjoy multiple options and it's cheaper - simple as that.

You will be most likely picked up from Trellis Bay which is 2 minutes away from the airport - there is a small grocery store there with liquor as well.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sales at the Beef Island (EIS) Airport?

TA123,

PI will pick you up in a van at EIS that will take you to the ferry dock for your boat ride to PI. The small stores at the airport sometimes close for lunch breaks, or whatever (:>) When we went to PI 2 yrs ago, my wife's eye contact solution didn't make it through security. The PI van driver stopped along the way to the ferry dock and we purchased the eye solution, as well as gin & tonic. I'm sure the driver will be happy to stop, a tip helps. It was really nice to be able to enjoy a cocktail in our room before dinner.

We loved every minute at PI, one of the best places we have ever been: …smugmug.com/gallery/…128417099_P683k

all the best, alashas http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

4. Re: Sales at the Beef Island (EIS) Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2009, 21:21