We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

San Jose
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

I am a single mom of four adult children ranging in age from 19 to 28 years, and will be traveling with them and their significant others in late April 2011 to Tortola. We are considering Myetts Cane Garden Bay to stay for 8 nights. We like funky casual accommodations, beautiful calm white sand beaches that are swimmable, and mostly enjoy " hanging out" by day, reading, napping, swimming etc. That said, into the evening, we prefer to have a little more lively ambiance with a bit of music, people watching, tropical drinks and good casual dining, without having to necessarily leave the resort area if we so desire. My only concern is some of the comments made about cruise ship tourists that come to the Cane Garden Bay Beach area. Is this daily or just a few times a week that the tourist from cruise ships come to this beach, or is it over run daily with throngs of people? Also, can anyone recommend an alternate resort on a great swimming beach, with a little bit of action and not completely isolated, and also affordable $200 to $250 night? We considered a villa, but feel it may be too quiet and won;t get the whole Island experience and social scenery that we enjoy. This said, can someone please give me a first hand review of what I can expect from Myett's in respect to traveling with my family? Thanks in advance!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

islandgirl,

So, with you, your 4 adult children + their significant others, there are going to be 9 of you altogether, is that correct? Are you planning to rent 5 rooms at a hotel?

Hotel rooms on the beach at Myett's might be what you are looking for, including some evening entertainment. CGB is the one beach that has more entertainment than any other beach, but, as you noted, it is also where most of the cruise passengers are transported. I doubt if a cruise calendar is available yet for next yr, but CGB does have a lot of cruise people in the central part of the beach, which is pretty much where Myett's is located. Cruise passengers are normally gone by 3 - 4 p.m.

If there will be 9 of you, I encourage you to keep open your options for a villa. You will get a lot more "band for your buck," have a lot more room to spread out with a great room, living room kitchen, deck, porch, and pool. You'll probably save a fair amount of money eating your breakfasts and at least some of your lunches in your villa. And most villas have great views. I'd contact Cheryl of Purple Pineapple in order to explore villa options with her:

pineappletortola@gmail.com

It's easy to stay in a villa and arrange for a taxi to take you to a bar, dinner, and entertainment and then take you back to your villa.

Happy 4th of July, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

NE PA.
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

Myetts also has a guesthouse, this may be a good option. You'll find the link on the website. I had to change my travel dates on somewhat short notice and they were very understanding. My girlfriend and I will be there in just about a month.

Boston
Level Contributor
5,684 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

We usually go at the end of April and there are some cruise ships, but not like there is during the height of the season. Myetts would be a fine place to stay, but there are villas at CGB that would probably do better and you could probably get one with a pool. There is also a large house at the end of the beach at CGB and I cannot remember the name of it. It is not the cottage that Myetts has and that one is too small for your group. Hopefully someone will chime in with the name of it.

Boston
Level Contributor
5,684 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

Actually, this is the link, but it may not be big enough. http://www.tortolabeach.com/

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

http://www.indigohouse.org/

Boston
Level Contributor
5,684 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

Myetts Guesthouse which is called Indigo House (see link above) is not very big and certainly not big enough for your group. You could get both houses for your group, but I would opt for a larger villa with a pool.

San Jose
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

Does lighthouse villas have their own section of beach with lounge chairs for their residents? Also what is the proximity to the beach and how long does it take to walk down to it? Thanks!

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,541 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

CGB sounds perfect for your plans. We stayed at Myett's for a week and loved the location, the place, and the hosts - Val & Kareem are wonderful and there isn't a better location for what you're looking for. There are rooms above the restaurant, and Val has a villa on the quiet end of the bay. They also own other properties.

I would recommend contacting Val via e-mail - she is very considerate and can help you find the ideal place to stay. Email is

myettent@surfbvi.com

We are just very satisfied guests who recommend Myett's and Val.

San Jose
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

I have booked 8 nights at Myett's for next May and could not be more excited about my decision. We will be in BVI a total of 14 nights and are thinking of splitting time between Tortola and possibly JVD or VG. Any suggestions for a great place to stay at either, without breaking the bank? Love a beautiful beach within walking distance, for a range of $150 - $185 per night for 2 adults.

San Jose
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Myetts hotel for traveling with young adults

I have booked 8 nights at Myett's for next May and could not be more excited about my decision. We will be in BVI a total of 14 nights and are thinking of splitting time between Tortola and possibly JVD or VG. Any suggestions for a great place to stay at either, without breaking the bank? Love a beautiful beach within walking distance, for a range of $150 - $185 per night for 2 adults.

Get answers to your questions about Tortola