We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After Months Of Research - My Trip Advisor Approved Tortola

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
222 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
After Months Of Research - My Trip Advisor Approved Tortola

After months of research… here is my trip advisor approved final options list. Thanks to all who have helped so much in getting me to this point. If you have anything else to share please let me know!

Tortola (8:00am - 5:30pm)

1) Smuggler Cove- Best beach in the Caribbean

• (Long Bay Resort offers day pass for $20/pp – 284-495-4252 – not on smugglers cove)

• Taxi is $16/pp each way

(Smuggler's Cove - Tortola - Reviews of Smuggler's Cove - TripAdvisor)

2) Baths on Virgin Gorda

(The Baths - Virgin Gorda - Reviews of The Baths - TripAdvisor)

3) Savannah Bay on Virgin Gorda

(Savannah Bay - Virgin Gorda - Reviews of Savannah Bay - TripAdvisor)

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: After Months Of Research - My Trip Advisor Approved Tortola

GC,

I don't know if Smugglers is the best beach in the Caribbean, but many think it is the best on Tortola.

I'm somewhat confused by your Tortola 8:30 - 5, is this a one day cruise ship stop in the BVI? If so, you have an ambitious agenda for 8 hrs...

be well, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,930 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: After Months Of Research - My Trip Advisor Approved Tortola

Yes, for a cruise stop you could do the Baths on VG OR head to Smuggler's with a stop at Long Bay maybe easily enough. I would do just the beach at LB, no day pass. The Long Bay pool and pool bar are OK but not worth $20 and definitely not worth the $45 for the burger and 2 drinks. Roundtrip taxi to Smuggler's is ~$32pp for 2, and $24pp for 3 or more, and a stop at Long Bay will add to that.

The Baths are unique and should be seen at some point.

Edited: 01 March 2012, 19:01
3. Re: After Months Of Research - My Trip Advisor Approved Tortola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:14