We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortola - 2 part question, missing the ferry/Tortola in June

Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Tortola - 2 part question, missing the ferry/Tortola in June

1. our plane lands at 2:40 PM in St. Thomas, what happens if there is a delay and we miss the last ferry to Tortola at 4:30? Are there private water taxis that run later?

2. What is Tortola like in June and early July? I saw that some places were already closed for the summer by then. Will we be hard pressed to find places to eat? Or do most places stay open through June and July?

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortola - 2 part question, missing the ferry/Tortola in June

You have a 9pm ferry out of Red Hook, if you are arriving Thu-Sun.

Everything is open as normal in June-July.

Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortola - 2 part question, missing the ferry/Tortola in June

thanks, I feel better now!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortola - 2 part question, missing the ferry/Tortola in June

Just to let you know, I just called the Fast Ferry office in St Thomas and the lady told me that the 9pm ferry from red hook to Tortola is only offered Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I have a flight from San Juan to st Thomas (jet blue) that lands on Thursday march 29 at 3:06 pm and need to get to Tortola that same day. I hope the flight is on time....

Florida
Level Contributor
102 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortola - 2 part question, missing the ferry/Tortola in June

Yes me too! We get there at 2:40 on a Thursday so that gives us a little under two hours to get to the Ferry. If all is on time, it will be ok, but any delay and it sounds like I could be rearranging my vacation, which would be bad!

5. Re: Tortola - 2 part question, missing the ferry/Tortola in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 10:22