We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach to visit?

Driggs, Idaho
2 posts
Save Topic
Which beach to visit?

We are planning a cruise vacation this coming January 2013. I have heard that Anegada Island is great as well as Virgin Gorda (The Baths). We are wondering if it is possible to take a water taxi to either of the above beaches and still be within our cruise ships time table for returning to the ship (5pm). Also wondering if there are water taxis's and how much should we expect to pay. One more question, my husband loves to fish. Can he do any beach shore fishing on these two beaches? Thanks BJ

Boston
Level Contributor
6,321 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach to visit?

There is no way to get to Anegada for a one day cruise stop. You can go to VG on the public ferry and if you do a search you will find a lot of threads on this subject. I would say that you cannot fish at the baths as there are too many people there swimming.

Australia
Level Contributor
361 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach to visit?

I would say you cannot fish at the Baths as it is a National Park.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which beach to visit?

If splitting up isn't a problem (I assume that it is!) have your husband look at the flats fishing charters while you go to the Baths.

For the Baths the ferry is the typical way to get there. But e-mail Joe at Patouche.com to get a quote from him. He caters to cruisers with a beautiful cat sail at a good price and is just a short taxi ride from the ship.

Alternatively the White Squall II is also right in Road Town and may offer a Baths sail.

Much nicer experience on a cat, and I would definitely recommend the Baths for a great day. And Joe will take you directly to the beach with no taxi needed on VG.

Edited: 18 September 2012, 11:25
4. Re: Which beach to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Tortola
Recent Conversations