We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to The Baths

Lake Mary, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Day trip to The Baths

My wife and I will be on a cruise stop in Tortola and want to get over to The Baths, we have been to the BVIs once and didn't get enough time there. Are there any recommended tours to there? We dock at 8am and leave at 530pm.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to The Baths

Your cruise ship will undoubtedly have an excursion to the Baths, and that is the easiest way to see them, although they will be crowded. Once you get to the Baths, you hike through them at your own pace and don't have a tour guide. Here is a link with lots of helpful info, including a map:

http://www.scubamom.com/bvi/thebaths/

Have a great trip, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Oroville, California
Level Contributor
650 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to The Baths

Just take a ferry to Spanish Town and then take a cab or taxi bus to The Baths, or just walk, it's not that far. This way you will have as much time as you want. Tours will just rush you, and it is not neccessary.

The most interesting stuff is in the south of the island, all within walking distance, so you can visit The Baths, the Copper Mine, Spanish Town, and maybe Savannah Beach, it's up to you really.

Have a nice trip.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to The Baths

That's a fair amount of walking, especially getting all the way to Savannah, and then back to Spanish Town Harbour. I suggest a rental car for the day.

Oroville, California
Level Contributor
650 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to The Baths

Yeah true, it wouldn't be a problem for me, but if you're not a good hiker, it might be better to take a cab, a car isn't worth it for such a short distance, unless you wanna tour the whole island, but IDK what else there is to see there appart from the places I already mentioned.

Have a nice trip.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to The Baths

I'm thinking of a car if the OP plans to include Savannah in their 9 1/2 hrs on VG. In fact, in that length of time, they might enjoy driving to North Sound in order to get a feel for the entire island. In addition, that road has some incredible views. I'd prefer a car for the sake of convenience rather than catching cabs to various destinations. However, if they simply want to spend the day at the Baths and southern part of the island, a cab makes sense, or walking, or a combination of both.

It's all good in the BVI, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2friends

Boston
Level Contributor
5,676 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to The Baths

Rent a car for the day if you want to explore. It is $50 including insurance from Mahogany and they will pick you up from the ferry dock and you can just leave the car when you leave. It is not feasible to walk from Spanish Town to Savannah, to the Baths to the Copper MIne back to Spanish Town.

A taxi to the Baths from the ferry is about $4 pp.

Just make sure you leave enough time to get back to the ship.

Enjoy!

Oroville, California
Level Contributor
650 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to The Baths

Yeah OP, are there any other places you wanted to see?

8. Re: Day trip to The Baths

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 05:17