We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report...Sea CHATEAU...Catamaran BVI

Oregon
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip Report...Sea CHATEAU...Catamaran BVI

I posted this in reviews, but wanted to share here... We had the best trip with the best boat and crew ever...I hope it helps anyone who reads it. :)

My husband and I have traveled extensively in the Caribbean and have had some amazing experiences. However, for for the last several years there was one thing we wanted to do that we felt would be the pièce de résistance of all vacations. It took us a while to figure out the perfect time, the perfect boat with the perfect crew. Once we found it, we knew it would meet all our expectations.

We were wrong. It EXCEEDED our wildest dreams. I would like to tell you about the Sea Chateau Catamaran and their amazing crew, Carlos and Maribele. I will warn you now, this review is long, but I hope very informative. It is my sincere hope that you will be enticed to follow our lead and inquire about this amazing vacation....

We booked out charter in July of 2012 for January 8-16 2013. From the moment of booking we were in touch. Whether it be via facebook, ( you can find their fb page here: https://www.facebook.com/CatamaranSeaChateau) or via email, catamaranseachateau@yahoo.com ...Carlos was always available for our many questions. He made sure we were well prepared.

This was to be our 20th anniversary celebration and our friends 15th. We wanted everything to be perfect. And it was:

We arranged to do a “sleep aboard” for the first night. It took a little bit longer to travel from the Pacific Northwest and we knew we would be exhausted. Carlos was very accommodating. The arrangement was for us to have our dinner that night and breakfast the next morning off the boat and our charter would commence on the following day at noon. Carlos met us at the Marina with a golf cart and took us the short ride to he and Maribele’s beautiful boat. We fully expected to drop our bags and leave the boat. What we found however, was the most amazing tray of cocktails and snacks and the warm smile of Maribele. From this moment, I knew my dream was coming true. We spent a little time orienting the boat, getting to know Carlos and Maribele and relaxing. Carlos talked to us about what to expect weather wise and we made a plan. Maribele asked about my shell fish allergy and our gluten intolerance. Dinner that evening was at the Fat Turtle there at the Yacht Grande Haven Marina. It was very good. We took a walk, swam in the pool, took a shower and went to bed.

Our cabin was the front left of the boat. I LOVED this room. It is spacious and well appointed. The colors are soft and promote relaxation. Our “hatch” opened at the front of the boat and we slept with it open. Every night the warm caribbean breeze and the gentle rocking of the boat coupled with the view of the magnificence brilliance of every star lulled us into the best week of sleeps of our lives. Our bed time was typically between 9 and 10 every night...

Day one: The weather was nice...warm and a little breezy. However, the seas were rocking and rolling. It is important to mention that from the moment we walked on the boat we knew we were in the safest most capable hand with Carlos at the helm. So when he told us we would have to spend the night moored in the harbor at St. Thomas we were okay with that. Maribele prepared snacks for us, Carlos prepared cocktails and we sat/layed on the trampoline and read our books and talked about the fact that we were finally there. As would become routine for the next 7 nights we moved to the back of the boat for cocktails and sunset. Carlos asked if we would be okay with he and Maribele setting sail the next morning while we were still sleeping if there was a break in the weather. We were of course okay with this. We had an the first of 7 amazing dinners Gluten free pasta for the girls and regular pasta for the boys with this amazing sauce and spanish Mackrel in panko for the boys, cornmeal for the girls... and went to bed.

Day 2: We awoke in Francis Bay. Carlos and Maribele got us there in wind and rain....Honestly, we didn’t feel it...we slept through the trip and woke up as we were mooring. The weather was beautiful, yes it rained a couple of times..but after a beautiful breakfast, we loaded up in the dinghy and took a short ( 3 min ) ride to our own private beach for the morning. Carlos gave us a radio and told us to call when we were ready for refreshments. We lounged on the beach, and read our books. We called for refills and he and Maribele brought a pitcher of cocktails. We went back to to the boat for lunch and spent the rest of the day swimming off the boat and reading and yes, napping. Awesome appitizers, amazing sunset number 2...Fantastic dinner (gluten free again for the girls) and conversation. Bed.

Day 3: Sailed into Soper’s Hole where Carlos went ashore and cleared us into the BVI. From there we sailed to Norman Island. I loved the sailing...Sitting on the trampoline and breathing in the salt air...feeling the spray on my face. Norman Island is beautiful and also the home of the Willie T. After another great breakfast the girls went to the beach while the boys did some dive gliding and snorkeling. We had a few cocktails and went back to the boat for lunch. We swam, snorkeled, read and napped. Watched another beautiful sunset.. Had another amazing dinner. And went to the Willie T for dancing and drinks. We didn’t stay too long as it was a little wild for us. You have to experience to understand. :)

Day 4 and 5: We set sail for Peter Island. We spent two days here. The Peter Island resort was beautiful and the beach there; breathtaking. They let us use the pool and we had a few drinks. We snorkeled off the boat, kayaked, swam, floated on the floaties, sat in the swing and relaxed. Had dinner and watched about 6 min of a movie on the big screen TV in the salon and promptly all fell asleep. Another day in paradise, done.

Day 6: JOST VAN DYKE. This was my favorite place. I loved it. We spent the whole day here after breakfast. The Soggy dollar bar was fun...but we had the most fun at Ivan’s..the people, the beach, the music, the drinks, the whole atmosphere was like living a Kenny Chesney song. The let me play my iPod and we listened to the whole “Songs from the old Blue Chair” CD. It was a dream come true for me. Carlos came and picked us up for dinner....and after we went to Foxy’s Bar. This is a very fun place... sandy dance floor, good music and yummy drinks.

Day 7: We headed back to St. John where we would clear customs and then on to Christmas Cove at Little St. James Island where we would spend our last night in paradise. Our last sunset was magnificent, our filet steaks were so good they melted in our mouths. We didn’t want to go to bed because we knew the next day we would be headed back to reality.

This was more than a vacation for us. It was an experience of a life time. We made friends for life in Carlos and Maribele. I feel like I left a part of my soul on board the Sea Chateau. We will be back to visit it. In fact, it is our goal to do this vacation again and bring our children. Yes, this boat is kid friendly. We trust Carlos and Maribele implicitly. In fact, one evening my friend wasn’t feeling well...her husband went to bed and we went to Foxy’s..Maribele sat up with her and really spent time getting to know her, asked about her family and just loved her. Made her feel better. It is the little things and that mean so much. In addition, for dinner that night Maribele made her chicken soup. Like I said, it was the total experience that was so special.

I hope this review helps to you decide that you want to do a yachting vacation and trust me, if you chose to do it on the Sea Chateau with Carlos and Maribele you too, will leave a part of your soul on the boat and will want to do it again and again and again. Please tell them you read my review about them on Trip Advisor I want them to know how loved they are... and if you have any questions or want to see more pictures, please private message me...I want everyone to have an experience of a lifetime. Contact them at catamaranseachateau@yahoo.com...I also have a direct phone number for them if you are interested!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report...Sea CHATEAU...Catamaran BVI

Enjoyed reading your TR - sounds like you had a great time, went to the FB page, the boat looks great and the food looks amazing! Thanks for posting!

Oregon
Level Contributor
456 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report...Sea CHATEAU...Catamaran BVI

It was truly the best experience! If you ever want to do it, please call Carlos..you will be so happy you did!!!

I noticed your Trip Advisor name is "sailexuma"....we are going to Exuma in March 2013...would love to pick your brain!! :)

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report...Sea CHATEAU...Catamaran BVI

Sounds awesome. We too, have also wanted to sail the BVI's and will be doing so this Christmas. Hope our trip with Festiva is as great as yours.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,778 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report...Sea CHATEAU...Catamaran BVI

Thank you for the wonderful report! We love staying in the BVI and have been planning this same vacation and we will definitely look at the Sea Chateau. I've confined my searches to Tortola but this looks great as well.

Thanks again!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report...Sea CHATEAU...Catamaran BVI

Rodiree - pick away! March 2014 perhaps?!? :)

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
46 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report...Sea CHATEAU...Catamaran BVI

Excellent report, this is one of our bucket list experiences!!!

South America
Level Contributor
199 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report...Sea CHATEAU...Catamaran BVI

Hi we were there at the sea chateau this year! It was really great.

Very good family expirience! The chef is great! views, the boat and its amenities, ski, fishing or what ever you like doing . I would have loved to sail a bit more, it either depends on sailing conditions or your love for sailing expeirience, I realyy sujest you specify exactly what you like they are sure to try and do so, but you just hve to ask.

The only thing I would have changed is the sound the air condition, its engine noise, all night, I would have loved not to hear one sound, just the sea, but you have to choose either to be hot or to listen to de engines....

In conclusion : great boat, great crew, ecellent chef, great places to visit. Great Trip!.

8. Re: Trip Report...Sea CHATEAU...Catamaran BVI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 07:18