We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the BVI shut down in late sept/October?

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
21 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Does the BVI shut down in late sept/October?

My husband and I are planning a trip to Tortola the last week of sept and the first week of October. My initial thought was to spend a week on Tortola and then 2 or 3 days on virgin gorda. I was looking at one of the hotels on virgin gorda (divi) and it shows that it is not available the entire month of sept and the first two weeks of October. Do shops, hotels, restaurants shut down in September and October?

British Virgin...
Level Contributor
737 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the BVI shut down in late sept/October?

That is the height of hurricane season, and therefore the lowest tourist season. It's not profitable to stay open for only a few guests, so many places shut down to do maintenance and/or for the staff to take vacation. The BVIs are trying to encourage year-round tourism, but it remains fairly seasonal, based on school vacations and cold weather up north. Things will pick up again starting in late November, with the week between Christmas and New Year being the peak, and Feb.-April being high season.

You will find some restaurants open year-round, but expect less live music and entertainment. If you like quiet, and are willing to keep an eye on the weather, than you could enjoy yourselves; if you are looking for lively, then you might consider changing your dates.

2. Re: Does the BVI shut down in late sept/October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:14
3. Re: Does the BVI shut down in late sept/October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:18