We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itgo and Tola Car Rental?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Itgo and Tola Car Rental?

These two companies seem to have the best rates. Has anyone used them? Would love to hear back. I have checked on Jerry's and DeDe's, too and all their cars are $50 and up per day.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itgo and Tola Car Rental?

Topping to try to get a reply. This forum is so quiet! Nice to know that Tortola is still a somewhat undiscovered gem after all these years away!

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itgo and Tola Car Rental?

No one has rented from these companies or knows of them? Itgo will come pick me up from Myett's go get the rental for a week and the total cost for a Sentra or similar car with AC is only $258. Every other place such as DeDe's and Jerry's all start at $50 a day so the savings is almost $100 at Itgo. I am getting ready to book it but making one last ditch effort to see if someone has any info about Itgo.

Thanks!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itgo and Tola Car Rental?

Try posting on www.traveltalkonline.com That's a really good source for BVI information. We're planning our trip and I'm getting loads of info from that site. Hope this helps.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,374 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itgo and Tola Car Rental?

Never heard of them. We use Del's in Cane Garden Bay. It is either $40 or $50 for a jeep.

British Virgin...
Level Contributor
786 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itgo and Tola Car Rental?

We always use Hertz, Avis or National. Larger 4WD cars usually cost about $75/day, plus insurance. Do read the small print if you plan to rely on credit card or other insurance you have: it may not cover outside the US, and it may cover book value, not replacement cost. We always take the full insurance, so any problem is theirs, not ours. Frankly, $50/day sounds cheap for the BVI. It is a high-cost destination: lodging, food, taxis, cars - you name it! Of course there are ways to do it for less, but budget holidays are easier to find elsewhere.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itgo and Tola Car Rental?

Kittymommy, I will post there as it seems no one on here is familiar with them. I did check past posts and they have been around for a while.

Latifolia, I have been to Tortola many times so I am well aware that Tortola isn't a budget destination. I go to Asia, Central America and South America for budget traveling. :-) But if I can save $100 on a car rental, I am happy to do so! I travel extensively so I also understand how insurance coverage works and I always call my credit card company to make sure I am covered in whatever country I am traveling in. The CDW is covered by my insurance company so there would be no need for me to pay for the same coverage.

ohio
Level Contributor
288 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itgo and Tola Car Rental?

Sorry, I am not familiar with them. We used a company right next to the ferry dock in West End. Very convenient, I don't recall the name but I will check my notes. You will need 4 wheel drive.

8. Re: Itgo and Tola Car Rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Tortola
Recent Conversations