We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel for a solo female traveller

Birmingham,
Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel for a solo female traveller

Can anyone help me, please? I seem to be sending myself a bit dizzy from looking at hotels.

I'm currently looking for a hotel in Tortola for one night before joining a group to go sailing and for one night when I return.

I just want to stay somewhere with a nice beach, where I'll feel comfortable as a solo female, somewhere decent to eat, and perhaps a bar to spend the evening in.

As my starting point will be at the east end, I've looking at places on that side of the island, but the nicer hotels look like they are on the west end, is it worth going over that side for just one night?

Any suggestions would be most welcome! Thanks

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
7,562 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel for a solo female traveller

You would have all of that in Cane Garden Bay but that's across the island, probably a 25 minute taxi from Road Town. But that will put you on a decent beach with dining and evening entertainment. Options include CGB Cottages, Mongoose Apts, Myett's.

To be close to your departure point I would look at Maria's by The Sea, and Beef Island Guest House.

Mentioned in this post
Cane Garden Bay
Cane Garden Bay
952 Reviews
Tortola
Road Town
Road Town
Tortola
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel for a solo female traveller

My wife and I are staying at the Hummingbird House in Road Town for one night in February. Two things - it's not on the beach and we haven't stayed there before. I identified it from reviews and one referral. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Road Town
Road Town
Tortola
Boston
Level Contributor
6,758 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel for a solo female traveller

If it is for one night - with no time during the day to actually spend time on the beach, I would stay at Maria's. There is no beach, but there is a nice pool and it is in town, which you will not get to see if you are on a boat.

If you have time during the day to actually spend on the beach, I would choose Myetts. Some of the hotels have minimum stays depending on when you are going.

You could also look into staying at Marina Cay which would be nice but probably expensive.

Edited: 23 December 2013, 14:23
Mentioned in this post
Marina Cay
Marina Cay
British Virgin Islands
4. Re: Help with hotel for a solo female traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17