We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortola Barbecue Caterer

Savannah, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Tortola Barbecue Caterer

Hey there,

Does anyone know someone who could cater a relaxed family style barbecue at a villa in Tortola in May? We're looking for West Indian food, curry chicken, grilled fish, rice and peas, mac and cheese type. There would probably be around 40 guests and they could serve themselves. Most of the caterers we've found seem to specialize in fancy private dinners.

Thanks!

Brian

Mentioned in this post
Tortola
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
Boston
Level Contributor
6,765 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortola Barbecue Caterer

I would contact the Elm Beach Bar in Cane Garden Bay. They do a great BBQ. I am not sure if they cater, but we always eat there 2-3X when I am on Tortola and I am a food snob! If you have trouble reaching the restaurant, they also have a hotel where you might be able to contact them.

Mentioned in this post
Cane Garden Bay
Cane Garden Bay
954 Reviews
Tortola
Tortola
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
Tortola, BVI
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortola Barbecue Caterer

Cruzin Bar and Grille at Carrot Bay

284-340-3566

Mac has leased the property from the previous owner and manager. They serve really good foods including BBQ, thin crust pizzas, rotis (curry), local fish, lobster, etc. etc.

See on FB: https://www.facebook.com/cruzintortola

Tortola, BVI
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortola Barbecue Caterer

Just noticed your from Savannah, Georgia... Mac is originally from Alma, Georgia. Small world!!

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Columbus...
Level Contributor
240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortola Barbecue Caterer

Fly the wife and I in for a few days! I've been BBQing in competition for quite a few years. We are from Columbus, Mississippi and Pig is KING! Elm's doesn't have a clue about BBQ. Forty guest would be perfect for a whole hog. We could get one from the owner of Hog Heaven on Virgin Gorda. He raises them on the island for his restaurant. Sides of your choice!

Edited: 18 January 2014, 00:32
Mentioned in this post
Hog Heaven
Hog Heaven
762 Reviews
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
Boston
Level Contributor
6,765 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortola Barbecue Caterer

The OP is asking about West Indian food, not Southern US BBQ. They are different things. And with all due respect, that is the kind of food Elm does at their BBQ. It is not meant to be the type of food served at a southern US BBQ joint.

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
471 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tortola Barbecue Caterer

There used to be a place called Jolly Roger in West End that was taken over by the owners of the Willy T I would try and contact them.

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Tortola
The Willy T
The Willy T
353 Reviews
Norman Island
7. Re: Tortola Barbecue Caterer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:21