We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ship visit

Which Road Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leek, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
38 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Ship visit

We will be visiting Road Town in January 2008 for the day from a Cruise Ship (QM2). Having had some poor experiences from trips and excursions in other places, is there enough to entertain a couple of oldies within walking distance from where the ships dock please?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Ship visit

at the ship itself you're not really near much except some vendor tents...You would need to grab a cab and if all you want to to is browse shops, have lunch, etc. you should have it drop you off on main street, then you'll be within walking distance to a lot of different things.

Fairport, New York
Level Contributor
791 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Ship visit

There is the botanical gardens and various tourists shops. Do not know what you mean by "oldies" but my choice would be a cab ride to smugglers or one of the other less traveled beaches.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kagjjg

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Ship visit

agreed, if you're docked I'm sure you don't want to sit in the port all day, you definitely want to see the island a bit.

Leek, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
38 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise Ship visit

Thanks folks, very helpful

Kind regards

Clive

UK
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise Ship visit

Hello,

I used to work as a port agent in Tortola and so can advise that QM2 will be at anchor, she's too large to birth. The ship's tenders will bring you to Road Town ferry dock which is in the middle of town. Road Town is v. small. Within walking distance is Old Main Street (nice little stroll with small local shops), Old Government House (I think it's a couple of dollars entry), Botanical Gardens (you may want to take a cab). Not too much in Road Town really, I would recommend a tour of the island. There are breathtaking views - it really is one of Nature's Little Secrets.

Leek, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
38 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise Ship visit

Thanks for that, just the information I was looking for. Happy New Year.

Clive

7. Re: Cruise Ship visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Road Town