We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
341 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

Please help Virgin Gorda and BVI recover. Book a yacht or a villa after they are rebuilt. That is the best way you can help the islands.

Mentioned in this post
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
69 replies to this topic
ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

Thank you for the message, tpcook. That is sage advise and I suspect it will be followed.

Any idea on the state of South Sound Villa?

Boston...
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

Agreed. These people are going to need our business and support. God bless

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

Will do.

T W
Chippewa Lake, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

Yes they will. We had ours planned for April 2018 previously.

Level Contributor
619 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

We also fear that with the force of the CAT 5, Irma, electricity will be out for quite some time, running water also can be a huge problem, buildings, totally destroyed, communications out not possible, food and supplies need to be brought in by boat and distributed, Usually, it also takes a large contingent of construction crews from off island to help with the rebuild .

Unfortunately, it may be quite a while for recovery.

All of us are concerned about friends and family , the infrastructure, the lodgings, and the boat fleets, and staffs, the harbors, docks, beaches, and basic human necessities.

Right now, the people of the BVI are struggling for survival. The recovery and rebuild will come with time.

And, Jose, is churning across the Atlantic and gaining strength over those warm waters.

For now, we all wait for any information from the BVI.

Mentioned in this post
Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
341 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

I have no clue what the South Sound Villa will look like. But I have connected with the original builder who now lives in Trinidad and he has agreed to rebuild the villa.

Mentioned in this post
Trinidad
Trinidad
Trinidad and Tobago
Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

We have spent many many Thanksgivings at the villas in Mahoe Bay with our entire extended family. We are due to be there this year. Any word on those homes? It is our most favorite place in the world and our hearts are broken for the wonderful people of Virgin Gorda!

Mentioned in this post
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

I agree! We have already booked for December but I don't think they will be up and running by then... Hate seeing the destruction of Irma. We just went through Harvey here!

Marlton, New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

My late husband (Mr. Hank) and I bought land on Spring Bay and built our dream home, the former Tamarind Hope. I am no longer the owner but my heart and soul have remained part of Tamarind Hope, Spring Bay and Virgin Gorda. My prayers go out to the beautiful people of that Island and the Community at Spring Bay. I would appreciate any news of the Island and so important, the residents of Spring Bay.

Mentioned in this post
Spring Bay
Spring Bay
246 Reviews
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
Boston
Level Contributor
6,797 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help

According to the BBC, UK have a naval ship waiting offshore to bring in supplies. Both Anguilla and the BVI, are British Overseas Territories (not independent countries) so this may make it easier to get help from the UK. Don't forget there is still Hurricane Jose lurking behind so they need to get that cleared out before they can bring the ship in. They are also coordinating with the French and Dutch governments to bring aid into all of these islands affected.

Mentioned in this post
Reply to: Virgin Gorda and the BVI will need our help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted