We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Baths after Irma?

westfield, nj
Level Contributor
395 posts
318 reviews
The Baths after Irma?

In addition o the terrible damage to people and property caused by the hurricane, was The Baths damaged?

10 replies to this topic
Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: The Baths after Irma?

Also haven't heard about top of the baths?

T W
Chippewa Lake, Ohio
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: The Baths after Irma?

I would suspect that "The Baths" are still in place. Possibly the sand got washed out. Most of the pictures of the destruction I have seen have been from the valley and north end of the island. I would say the Poor Man's Bar got washed out by the storm surge and would think that the top of the baths and the shops were damaged heavily, but do not know for sure.

6 posts
3. Re: The Baths after Irma?

The baths are still there and look amazing! You can see pix here

https://www.bvitraveller.com/photo-gallery

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: The Baths after Irma?

No pictures of "top of the baths"?

san francisco, ca
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: The Baths after Irma?

Baths are closed through at least Dec 2018

virginislandsnewsonline.com/en/news/baths-on…

Long Valley, New...
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: The Baths after Irma?

Didn't you mean December 2017?

Virgin Gorda
2 posts
7. Re: The Baths after Irma?

The Baths is open and so is Top of The Baths restaurant.Footpaths and trails to the Baths have been repaired as well as bridges, ladders and hang ropes repaired.

Edited: 03 December 2017, 02:25
Indianapolis...
1 post
8. Re: The Baths after Irma?

Planning a trip to Virgin Gorda, anyone have an update on conditions such as grocery, electricity and water? We usually alternate between St John and Virgin Gorda and I know things are still rough after Irma.

Surrey
Level Contributor
58 posts
55 reviews
9. Re: The Baths after Irma?

Was there all of December, Electricity was getting there, we finally got it around 10 days in, a few places off the beaten track still waiting. Grocery stores pre Christmas were so full!!! The island is up and running albeit with a few warts and all but I would not hesitte in going back tomorrow. Some restaurants were up and running best to take plenty of cash as some don't have functioning card machines. Scotia Bank ATM was working though.

Hope this helps.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
57 reviews
10. Re: The Baths after Irma?

Tina posted on the FB page that Guavaberry has some electricity and are accepting reservations for the 1 bedrooms

Reply to: The Baths after Irma?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations