We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
massachusetts
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to Virgin Gorda from St. John

My family will be camping on St. John for a couple of days before going to Little Dix. What would be the best way to get from St. John to Virgin Gorda. It looks like there is only one ferry that does that route, and it doesn't go on the day we need to travel.

any suggestions?

many thanks,

wala

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to Virgin Gorda from St. John

If the STT to VG ferry is not running the day you want to leave you have only two choices (ferry wise) 1) take a water taxi or 2) go back to charlotte amalie and take a ferry to Tortola then on to VG. cheers

St. John, US Virgin...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to Virgin Gorda from St. John

If you're camping at Cinnamon Bay, then you might be able to arrange a ferry for free to Little Dix through Caneel Bay Resort. I believe that the same company owns the campground and both resorts, so they might have a ferry for you that day. Just call the concierge at Caneel Bay. Good Luck!

Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to Virgin Gorda from St. John

Another option if taking the ferry route is to ferry from Cruz Bay to West End, Tortola. You’ll then need to take a taxi (20 mins) to Road Town where you can catch a ferry from there over to Virgin Gorda.

Level Contributor
806 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to Virgin Gorda from St. John

You might try asking Little Dix for some help with this. They can probably make a suggestion or help you with any special arrangements if necessary. They have been known to go out of their way to get you to their property.

NJ
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation to Virgin Gorda from St. John

The Caneel/Little Dix trip is done each Mon/Wed/Friday if I remember correctly. Definitly call Little Dix - I would call the resort, not an 800-number, and inquire. Am sure they will be helpful.

The Thursday and Sunday ferry that goes directly to Virgin Gorda leaves St. John at 8:30.

6. Re: transportation to Virgin Gorda from St. John

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations