We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are guests allowed at Little Dix?

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Are guests allowed at Little Dix?

Does LDB allow guests to use some of it's property like it's sister property,(Caneel Bay) does on STJ?

At Caneel, Guest may use the main beach, restrooms, and eat at any of it's restaurants.

We always enjoy spending at least one day at Caneel and eating there when they have their Grand Buffet. Does LDB have any special Buffets during the week?

Also does anyone know if they are closing for September and October like Caneel is this year?

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are guests allowed at Little Dix?

mit,

LDB has a seafood buffet on Monday nights and you can eat other meals there, too. Usually, guests who are dining there may also use their facilities, but it is a good idea to check with them directly. Haven't heard anything yet about LDB closing this Fall. I thought Caneel is closing so that they can do work on some of the accommodations.

All the best, alashas http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are guests allowed at Little Dix?

During our Mar 09 VG vacation, Little Dix's buffet was Monday night. (We rent a villa on the island)

We stayed at Caneel several times and one thing that sort of surprised me was Little Dix actually enforces their dress code while in our experiences, Caneel does not.

When I called to inquire whether or not pants were required for men, Little Dix told me yes, no exceptions.

We did eat there 3 times when our men were welcome wearing their shorts.

Each time the waitstaff were VERY welcoming and chatted up the resort. One woman in particular said "I hope next time you are here you will be our guests."

So given the state of the economy, I suspect Little Dix will be happy to see you for a meal.

Can't offer information about beach use.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
53 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are guests allowed at Little Dix?

Yes you can use the beach. All beaches on VG are public. We parked our call in their lot and walked to the beach, spent a couple of hours swimming (If the beach is crowded I would not use their beach chairs) then we enjoyed a nice buffet lunch. Also Dive BVI uses their beach for instructing people on diving. We then again enjoyed a nice buffet lunch. Have a great time.

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are guests allowed at Little Dix?

Thanks everyone.

That's great news. We loved going to Caneel as visitors and were disappointed that they will be closed this trip. Now we can get our fix at LDB before we head to STJ for the second half of our trip.

Larry,

From everything we have heard Caneel was closing due to the economic conditions. However, it will be a great time to update their accommodations as well.

Thanks again!

Tim

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are guests allowed at Little Dix?

We ate lunch at their luncheon buffet twice when we stayed at Euphoria on Leverick Bay in August. It was the best food that we had during our two weeks (It was also the most fruits and vegetables that we saw.) We didn't realize that we could have gone snorkeling there, too, until after we returned. Guess that means we'll have to go back to VG.

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are guests allowed at Little Dix?

Yes, the "word" is that Caneel is closing due to economic condtions and yes, they are using the down time to spruce up...hurricanes permitting.

7. Re: Are guests allowed at Little Dix?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2009, 16:12
8. Re: Are guests allowed at Little Dix?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 06:23