We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hike/swim walk along beach from Fischers Cove to Baths?

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
puerto rico
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
hike/swim walk along beach from Fischers Cove to Baths?

Hello VG forum!

I have a new question...we are quite athletic and here in Puerto Rico we do a 4-5 mile coastal walk from one of our fav beaches to another and even though spots are rugged we really enjoy it.

Looking at the map of VG I notice the stretch from Fischers Cove to the baths may be fun to do the same.

BUT wondering if it is do-able? Any imput very appreciated!

Also still would love input on Fischers Cove hotel if you have any!

5 days and counting!!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hike/swim walk along beach from Fischers Cove to Baths?

I'm not positive, but I do not think that is doable. The rock climb from the Fischer Cove area to Valley Trunk would, I think, take several hours and might involve equipment. That is a huge boulder field. Once you get to Valley Trunk it is easy to go from there to Little Trunk to The Crawl to Spring Bay. There are trails and a little climbing but it is pretty tame. Very fun, though. Again, at Spring Bay you are faced with a daunting rock climb to get to the Baths. Some of these boulders are 30-40 ft high. Once at Spring Bay it is a 5-7 minute snorkel to the Baths.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hike/swim walk along beach from Fischers Cove to Baths?

I think ACB is right in that the hike from FC to the Baths is not very doable along the waterfront. Here is a photo of the boulders at the end of the FC beach:

…smugmug.com/gallery/…526163862_73hv2

I doubt that there is trail through that. Most people staying at FC walk on the road to the Baths.

Have a great trip, alashas

puerto rico
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hike/swim walk along beach from Fischers Cove to Baths?

wow!!! thanks..def will walk the road...:-)

sitting right now in trellis cove at the cybercafe waiting for the ferry!!! bea-u-tiful!!!

thanks to you and all for such great TA tips and info. I will do a trip report after returning..

xo

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hike/swim walk along beach from Fischers Cove to Baths?

Should have known alashas would have a great picture, and it is indeed worth a thousand words.

I hope you have a great trip!

5. Re: hike/swim walk along beach from Fischers Cove to Baths?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda