We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cruising into Virgin Gorda

Vancouver
1 post
Save Topic
cruising into Virgin Gorda

In December , we will be arriving by cruise ship. Any activity suggestions for our day?

Boston
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cruising into Virgin Gorda

You could follow the rest of the people from the ship to the Baths. That is where everyone will go.

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cruising into Virgin Gorda

I agree with saffie. The Baths are the major attraction on the island.

If you would like to get away from the crowds and see similar topography, get a cab to take you to Spring Bay. You can actually snorkel to the Baths from Spring Bay, or walk north down the beach to the Crawl and enjoy the shallow pools surrounded by giant boulders. A further walk down the beach and through a short trail in the woods takes you over to another boulder strewn beach at Little Trunk that has even less people on it. Walk down that beach and on another short trail in the woods brings you to Valley Trunk, an lovely stretch of sand that is often deserted. Spring Bay is also a short walk down the road from Mad Dog's sandwiches and libations. Mad Dog is next door to the Baths. At the top of the two trails to the Baths are three shops and the Top of the Baths restaurant, another fine place to eat and drink.

There are other things to do on the island but the area around the Baths is unique and a must see on a day trip to Virgin Gorda.

Looking forward to being in your part of the world next year as my wife and I take our boys to Vancouver and Vancouver Island to celebrate our honeymoon visit there 20 years ago. I hear Tofino is not as sleepy as it use to be.

3. Re: cruising into Virgin Gorda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2010, 06:16