We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guavaberry, Mango bay or Nail bay??

London
Level Contributor
592 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Guavaberry, Mango bay or Nail bay??

Hi, cannot decide between Guavaberry, Mango or Nail for trip next May. Budget is flexible, but we want access to a beautiful beach, good snorkelling and ideally walkable restaurants as I don't want to drive out each night. Taxis? We also want a good sized terrace with superb views - any help to help chose will be gratefull received! many thanks, GRIFF

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guavaberry, Mango bay or Nail bay??

All would suit most of your needs, but only Guavaberry features properties that are within easy walking distance of restaurants. Guavaberry also has the on property commissary where you can get most of what you need to plan a meal. I am an advocate of renting a car for the week. It makes your life so much easier and gives you greater schedule flexibilty. Driving on VG is very easy with good roads and short distances to most anywhere you want to go.

The beach at Mango Bay has the best snorkeling but, I think, the beach at Spring Bay is absurdly beautiful and gives you easy access to the Bath area (by walking or snorkeling) and three other outstanding beaches (by walking down the beach). Nail Bay is the most remote of the three, giving you a great "away from it all" feel. All three feature stellar views.

I don't think you can make a bad choice here!

London
Level Contributor
592 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guavaberry, Mango bay or Nail bay??

Many thanks, seems Guavaberry would suit us best. I agree, we will defiinitely hire a car. Where is the nearest good supermerket and will I be able to get fresh fruit, salad veg etc? What about rum?! We have been spoilt somewhat by the superb choice on some of the more developed islands.

GRIFF

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guavaberry, Mango bay or Nail bay??

There are two supermarkets relatively close (less than 10 minutes): Rosy's and Bucks. Produce can be spotty at each place, but generally you can get most of what you need, if not necessarily what you want.

guavaberryspringbay.com/pdf/map_valley.pdf

http://www.rosysenterprisesvg.com/

http://www.bucksmarketplace.com/

Both have liquor.

The "spoilt" feeling you got shopping on more developed islands is about to go away. :) VG is not the place you go for fine cuisine or a well-stocked grocery larder. I like to think that VG's other charms more than make up for its shortcomings. I do think you will be surprised with the selection, and relative pricing, at the commissary at Guavaberry. No fresh produce, but everything else from good frozen fish and steaks to wine and beer.

4. Re: Guavaberry, Mango bay or Nail bay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 06:17