We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Virgin Gorda?

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ShAGA518
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Camping in Virgin Gorda?

I was wondering if this is a real campground and if anybody has heard anything of it.

http://virgingordacampground.com/

*It looks like a bar campground at Jumbies like Ivans at JVD, just making sure it has some validity to it.

Thanks in advance, shaga

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,722 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in Virgin Gorda?

That is tpcook's part of the island. I am confident he will have an answer for you.

Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
310 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in Virgin Gorda?

Hello:

From what I can observe, the campground is not functioning and has not been built.

There really are no facilities. The Jumbie bar exists but it is very quiet there.

I would suggest you find a campground on Tortola or get inexpensive accommodations on Virgin Gorda. Leverick Bay has very nice rooms. Bayview Vacation Apartments are another good choice.

TpCook

South Sound Villa

Virgin Gorda BVI

Road Town, Tortola
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping in Virgin Gorda?

Brewer's Bay campground on Tortola is no longer operating. However, I would suggest Ivan's in Jost Van Dyke if you would like to camp in the BVI.

4. Re: Camping in Virgin Gorda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2011, 06:21