We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The beach at the Baths

Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
The beach at the Baths

Have been to the Baths via the boulders when I was younger with better knees and have been there via boat when we swam in. This time, I'm wondering if we can hit the/a beach at the Baths without going through the monoliths to get there. We will be on a cruise ship and I'd like to see the Baths again and swim in that turquoise water a bit, but I'm not up to going through that maze of challenging boulders. I definitely want to get in the water, not just look. Thanks!

Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The beach at the Baths

There are actually 2 beaches, the one at the entrance to the boulders, and Devil's Bay on the other side of the boulders. The beach at the entrance is quite nice but not really big. However it has facilities and you can swim there. If you want to look around inside the boulders without doing much climbing, there is a pretty grotto shortly past the entrance before you need to climb any boulders. The path to the beach is uneven (it is not paved) but it is not too bad, takes about 10 minutes.

This is assuming you are coming by land. The taxis drop you off at Top Of The Baths and you walk down to the beach.

Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The beach at the Baths

Excellent -- thanks for the reminder! Been too many years since I was there by land and yes, we will be going by land and not swimming in this time.

Thanks so much!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The beach at the Baths

Also, the path to Devils Bay is longer but considerably easier.

Ohio
Level Contributor
3 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The beach at the Baths

And that path allows you to reach the beach without crawling through all the boulders? THANKS!

Michigan
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The beach at the Baths

Yes, you can take a path down to Devil's Bay as well. However, there are no facilities there (although the beach is prettier IMHO). If you want to go down to Devil's Bay, ask your taxi driver to drop you off by the path. They usually let everyone off at Top Of The Rocks to walk down to the main beach.

6. Re: The beach at the Baths

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations