We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
25 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

There a few reviews out there for the Full Circle Villa in Virgin Gorda at Nail Bay. Has any one stayed there? We would love to hear peoples opinions. Also, we are avid snorkelers and would like to know if the beach by the villa is good for shore entry snorkeling.

Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

It may be too late for your purposes but I stayed there recently over Thanksgiving week and the house and the property are fantastic. They have recently updated and renovated and I cant say enough great things about the house. Also, the staff at the Nail Bay Resort office who manage the property were incredibly helpful and friendly leading up to my stay as well as during the week. The beach is just steps off the back patio. There is lots of good snorkeling. For the best swimming, you can go one bay over to Long Bay. But the water just in front of the house has great snorkeling. Fielder.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

Who did you rent thru???

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

I'm in Nail Bay as I write this staying in Sundowner. Beautiful villa and views, horrible beach. We did take out the sea kayak and went to the next beach over- Mountain Trunk- I believe, and that's really much nicer. My husband snorkeled there and he liked it. We're trying Mahoe tomorrow. Best snorkeling has been Dive BVI's Safari- Spyglass, the Indians, and Cooper's Cistern. Nail Bay has very beautiful villas and I'm sure you'll love it!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

I'm in Nail Bay as I write this staying in Sundowner. Beautiful villa and views, horrible beach. We did take out the sea kayak and went to the next beach over- Mountain Trunk- I believe, and that's really much nicer. My husband snorkeled there and he liked it. We're trying Mahoe tomorrow. Best snorkeling has been Dive BVI's Safari- Spyglass, the Indians, and Cooper's Cistern. Nail Bay has very beautiful villas and I'm sure you'll love it!!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

Make sure you go north of your house to Long Bay.

Glad you enjoyed the Dive BVI trip. We have done that a couple of times and highly recommend it. Good selection of sites you visited.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

Hi,

Like the other response, don't know if this is too late. I've stayed at Full Circle Villa the past two summers and am returning this summer. I'm hooked. Yes, the staff is fabulous! I reserve through the Nail Bay Resort

office with Kasha, or any staff member there for that matter. They will

set up a rental car for you, and give you all the info about a ferry over from Tortola. Snorkeling. Yes, you can snorkel right there. Seriously, if you step more than 1 foot in the water you're going to land hit a drop off and coral.

Also, a ten minute drive gets you to Savannah Bay. Oh my! You can walk

out forever and still be waist deep, but there is a coral section out there as well. Also, take a 15-20 min drive to The Baths for fabulous snorkeling.

Very deep there. Also, a great outside restaurant up top with a pool, if you want to eat there, and a fabulous view. I live in the Caribbean so I guess it says a lot that this is the place I keep going back to visit. The food? Also,

you can't get better. The office for Nail Bay has a restaurant where we go everyday for lunch just for the view. The pool at Full Circle? The pics don't do it justice. This is just a great place in every respect.

New Richmond
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

Probation1,

Your comment that the beach at Sundowner is horrible..is that for swimming, looking at? Can you expand on that? We are divers more than snorkelers but we love both. We are ready to book at Sundowner but now I am beginning to wonder about it. Also, our flight landing in St Thomas at 3:30 on Saturday and the jaunt over to Virgin Gorda. Sounds like it is difficult. Any thoughts?

NY,NY
Level Contributor
207 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

As far as getting into St. Thomas late in the afternoon and getting to Virgin Gorda----private charter. There in Fifteen minutes and they leave when you arrive not before not after. If there's only two of you it won't be cheap but if you can afford it there's no question it's the way to go. Island Birds, Fly BVI, Virgin Gorda Air Charters all pretty much cost the same.

New Richmond
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

Thank you. I am working on all of your suggestions. Waiting for quotes but nothing yet. I guess the standard way would be to ferry from St Thomas to Tortola, and Tortola to Virgin Gorda. Does anyone have a guesstimate on when we would actually end up on Virgin Gorda? Saturday flight in at 3:30pm at STT.

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Full Circle Villa - Nail Bay

we chartered on our way to Virgin Gorda last year a private boat, very expensive but very cool to see all the islands

and did the ferrys on the way back

much cheaper and slower

you might want to make sure you will have time

by the time you land to hit all the ferrys

if you do it will be late