We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahoe Bay Villas

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY,NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Mahoe Bay Villas

Was wondering if any of the repeat Mahoe Bay Villa visitors who have seen or stayed in several of the villas might have a favorite. I understand that they are all individually owned and so reflect that in their design, but I'm guessing some are different than others for better or worse. For instance do the villas at either end of the beach feel more private because they don't have a building on one side? Can you hear cars passing on the way to North Sound if you're in one of the Villas higher up, just off the road? I'm sure I can't go wrong with any of them but if anyone had to choose (for instance) between the half dozen beachfront units which would be top of the list?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahoe Bay Villas

There's not a bad villa or villa location on Mahoe Bay. Simply put you'll be happy with any of them - it just doesn't get any better ANYWHERE in the Caribbean. Even villas right in the middle of the complex feel very private.

Road noise is not an issue so don't worry about that.

Choose the villa and/or location that works best for you. FYI - we stayed in several of the beachfront villas and enjoyed them all. Friends have stayed some of the beach access and hillside villas with equal enjoyment.

Pasadena, Maryland
Level Contributor
301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahoe Bay Villas

I would have t o agree with CaribSurfer, there really is not a bad one in the bunch. I have stayed in Open Deck, Adagio, and Loblolly and I have been in a couple of the others and they are all great. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for. My fav so far is Open Deck. I happen to think that the views are better from the second row villas.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahoe Bay Villas

Concur with these comments, we've stayed at Mahoe 3 times, from Beachcomer villa to Villa del Sole. Villa del Sole is the closest to the road, and we never heard a sound. In addition to the better views on the hillside units, you also tend to get better breezes, plus they are less expensive than the beach front units, and the beach is only a couple min. walk. The unique aspect of Villa del Sole is a large, elevated gazebo, where we enjoyed morning coffee and evening cocktails. I wrote a review of Villa del Sole

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g147358…

And also did an amateur video tour:

http://youtu.be/h4rRWhIm1ac

Search some of my other posts and you'll see why I think Mahoe Bay is one of the best snorkeling reefs from shore in the Caribbean. The photos of turtles, squid, and blue tang, as well as the video of blue tang were all shot while snorkeling Mahoe:

http://youtu.be/UvLKWH_bSQM

Keep us posted on your plans, alashas

4. Re: Mahoe Bay Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 November 2012, 18:28
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mahoe Bay Villas

I did not stay at Mahoe but was there last week and there is a giant villa being built on the road at the south end. When we were there the workers were throwing rocks and concrete down a big metal chute which was very noisy. I would inquire about the construction of this villa if I were to rent one of the villas near by.

B.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mahoe Bay Villas

Thanks for the update, B, it's always helpful to hear from people who have recently been on VG.

NY,NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mahoe Bay Villas

Anyone been by Mahoe recently and noticed the construction of this new villa mentioned in the above post? Which villas would be affected by the noise/sight of any construction? Is this another Mahoe Bay villa or a separate lot? Thinking of going down and staying at one of the villas near the southern end of the beach and was wondering if it would be problematic.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mahoe Bay Villas

Stayed at Villa ValMarc last in July 2012 - LOVED it!!! Highly recommend!!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mahoe Bay Villas

Giant villa? Must be the villa over Pond Bay, which is NOT at all a Mahoe Villa, so it cannot affect the 17-18 villas at Mahoe Bay. We were just there at Villa del Sole, and all was well!

10. Re: Mahoe Bay Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 03:17