We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Baths

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
The Baths

Okay, so I'm going to be in Virgin Gorda in 4 days, and I was just wondering if The Baths has some good cliff diving spots that are safe and have plenty deep of water? And if so: how high, how deep of water, and where on the beach is it located specifically? All answers will be greatly appreciated! Thank you fellow travelers

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,721 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Baths

Thank you for a question you don't see everyday!

I have not seen people jumping off rocks into the water at the Baths. Most of the boulders that you could climb and jump off of are big, but much of the boulder lies underwater.It is possible that there are some spots there. I would not expect anything to exceed 20 ft.

There are two areas where I have seen people jump off boulder. Both are just north of the Baths in the Spring Bay Crawl area. There is a spot at the Crawl where you can jump off boulders into a shallow pool area. You have to be careful - the water rarely gets more than six feet deep. I would guess the top of the boulder is 20 ft., but you can jump at spots as low as 15 ft.. The second spot is in a boulder field to the south of Spring Bay and going towards the Baths. There is a spot there that you have to climb through some rocks to get to. I doubt it is higher than 16-18 feet, but the water is more than deep enough there where you do not have to worry about hitting anything -more than 10 feet easily. By the way, if you can get out there, the island of Fallen Jerusalem south and slightly west of the Bath area has some excellent boulder climbing areas.

tryhardclimbers.com/roadtripjournals/virging…

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,033 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Baths

There was a boulder kids were jumping off of in to the water that was probably 20 feet high. They were able to get on to it out of the water without having to go in to the crawl. We were snorkeling and it was plenty deep. I was watching them and no one came close to the bottom. You can't really see it from the shore as it was out and to the left of the main Bath beach.

B.

3. Re: The Baths

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 05:17