We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to the Virgin Islands!

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time to the Virgin Islands!

Hi! We're making the trek from Seattle and planning a trip to St John and Virgin Gorda! We're planning to go in either July or August of 2014 due to work schedules. We've narrowed our Virgin Gorda trip to either Mahoe Bay or Spring Bay. We only need a 1 BR. Does anyone have any suggestions? Our budget is somewhat flexible but would like to keep it close to $250 a night give or take. We're in our early to mid 40s, love lying on the beach, snorkeling, checking out the beach bars and restaurants....looking for a relaxing time and enjoying the beautiful scenery I've only seen pictures of. I've been reading a lot of posts and love the feeling I get from everyone here. You all seem wonderfully helpful.

:-)

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to the Virgin Islands!

You cannot go wrong in either area, but you are more likely to find that price range in the Spring Bay area. Also, how many nights will you be staying? If it is a week or more, you will not have an issue. Many places, however, do not rent by the night under a week. Guavaberry Spring Bay rents their cottages by the night. You could rent a one bedroom cottage from Guavaberry for $160.50 a night (note: all my estimates include tax):

guavaberryspringbay.com/accommodations.htm

These places are close to your price range but may have a minimum night stay. I contact Guavaberry and ask:

Las Brisas Casita is available for 264.29 a night:

www.lasbrisasbvi.com/casita_pix_2012.htm

Casa Luna is 248.24 a night:

http://www.casarocalta.com/

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to the Virgin Islands!

Thanks! We haven't quite figured out how long we'll be spending on each island but since we're coming quite a distance we'll be there about two weeks.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to the Virgin Islands!

You're going to have a great trip to the Virgin Islands this summer! As ACB notes, many places have a minimum night stay; however, during the summer "low season," there is more flexibility. Also during low season, some of the larger accommodations are pro-rated for one bedroom, so you are not necessarily limited to one bedroom units. If you use AC in Seattle during the summer months, you'll probably prefer it in the VI as well. Most of the accommodations that have AC will only have it in the bedrooms, but the great rooms with high ceilings and fans are usually comfortable during the summer. Keep us posted on your plans. Have a great trip, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

4. Re: First time to the Virgin Islands!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 16:35
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to the Virgin Islands!

Oh, good to know! Thanks alashas! Will for surely let you know what we decide.

6. Re: First time to the Virgin Islands!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 16:35
Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to the Virgin Islands!

Hi soncijo, we actually wont be going until 2014. I tend to plan ahead of time. :-)

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to the Virgin Islands!

Joan, I just looked at your villa and it is beautiful!! Hopefully you might have availability in summer 2014.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to the Virgin Islands!

We've had several great stays at Villa del Sole on Mahoe Bay, and I did this video tour the last time we stayed there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4rRWhIm1ac

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to the Virgin Islands!

Great video tour! Thanks for sharing alashas.