We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Maya?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Maya?

Looking for a place to have a fun night away from the resort. I have read that Coco Maya is a new hot spot. Anyone have any experiences there? I am looking for a place to have a drink and hang out . Some music would be nice....

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Maya?

Yes it is excellent. Great drinks and small plates right on the beach. Service is excellent. I highly recommend it. If there is no breeze bring bug spray. If you have been to Sable in Chicago it reminds me of that but in the beach :)

B.

Edited: 12 April 2013, 14:20
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Maya?

Yes, Coco Maya is the place for great food, service and ambiance, but no live music. Chez Bamboo has live music on certain nights.

Mentioned in this post
Chez Bamboo
Chez Bamboo
255 Reviews
Virgin Gorda
Simpson Bay, St...
Level Contributor
7 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco Maya?

CocoMaya is great! And they have live music on Wednesday nights but you can check their Facebook page to know what kind of shows they have scheduled. I know they have a DJ every Friday night too.

Food is really good and I heard they just brought in a new Sushi chef so the menu for that is growing. And if I'm not mistaken - I actually think they have bug spray for guests now - just ask!

Enjoy - I know I certainly did.

Mentioned in this post
CocoMaya
CocoMaya
798 Reviews
Virgin Gorda
ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco Maya?

A new sushi chef? Look forward to trying them out. I eat sushi at least once a week. Even my 9 yr old likes it.

We look forward to eating there on my wife's birthday this year.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco Maya?

When we were there they made a cocktail called "Chop Suey" really excellent!

B.

Great Meadows, New...
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco Maya?

The Rock cafe always has great live entertainment

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco Maya?

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Coco Maya from Little Dix Bay .

Washington, DC
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco Maya?

We loved Coco Maya. Fantastic drinks, lovely location and great food. The sushi was good. The duck nachos were beyond delicious. The bar opens on to the beach so bring bug spray if you will be there around dusk and if mosquitos are out. The DJ was pretty good and the place really started to fill up as the night wore on.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coco Maya?

From little Dix, head towards the yacht harbor towards the Baths. You will pass Fischers cove beach hotel on the right. Shortly after take a right turn. This will be the same street for the Rock cafe. There is actually a mini round about or rotary where you take the right turn. It is about a five minute ride from little Dix.

Mentioned in this post
The Baths
The Baths
Virgin Gorda
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
335 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coco Maya?

Thanks for the info....we plan to go to Coco Maya next week. Anyone else going to be there?

Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations