We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage / Beer / Ferry ?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
353 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage / Beer / Ferry ?

Newbie here and I have to say - wow - there are a lot of ferry questions on this forum - and within the search section I still came up empty!!

We locked in a pretty good airfare to STT a couple weeks ago and finally decided on Virgin Gorda. Looks like the only viable option on a Friday is taking the ferry from Charlotte Amalie to Road Town to Virgin Gorda if I am reading the schedules correctly.

Do any of the ferries charge a baggage/luggage fee?

I have a taste for Virgin Islands Summer Ale beer. Doesn’t look like it is available in the BVI’s. Is it possible to pick-up a case in CA and bring it on the ferries? Has anyone done this?

For my first questions in the BVI’s I think I have my priorities set. . .

Thanks a bunch.

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage / Beer / Ferry ?

You do have your priorities straight...:).

You are only allowed to bring two (2) litres of alcohol into the BVI:

www.caribbean.com/jsp/travelInfo.jsp…

Higher end beer is relatively difficult to find. We consider ourselves fortunate if we find Stella.

The ferries in the BVI do not charge a baggage fee:

bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_sttCA.htm

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
353 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage / Beer / Ferry ?

Very helpful link - Red Stripe it is.

Tortola
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage / Beer / Ferry ?

Greetings!

Welcome to the British Virgin Islands! Virgin Gorda is an amazing island filled with beautiful beaches and remarkable experiences to enjoy such as The Baths, The Coppermine ruins, hiking Gorda Peak National Park, and much more... There are also many restaurants from which to choose.

In response to your inquiries, please note that the ferry companies do not charge luggage fees and St. John's Brewers distributes their beer in the British Virgin Islands at various bars, restaurants and shops. You are welcome to bring the beer of your choice with you as it may not be in stock, but for your knowledge, please note that you can generally purchase it in the British Virgin Islands.

Best regards,

Public Relations

British Virgin Islands Tourist Board

4. Re: Luggage / Beer / Ferry ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations