We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

nm

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

The trip is excellent so far. Breeze at Mondelo has been non stop. We have not had any issues sleeping. There was a front moving through when we first arrived so the ferry over fron STT was very choppy. It cleared up by Saturday morning and Spring Bay was fairly spectacular Saturday and Sunday. Lots of turtles around this trip. We have seen two different ones at Spring Bay, the second one just this afternoon.

Edited: 28 May 2013, 22:53
ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

We have beer, freezer pops, and a few other odds and ends waiting for you when you arrive so make sure you do a once over before you start buying things.

We had a near perfect trip and are very sorry to leave. Will be reviewing Hog Heaven and Coco Maya in the next week or so.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

Sweet we are amped! One day we'll be down there at the same time and it will be epic! Thanks for everything you are the best! Spring Bay Sun Mahoe Savannah combo Mon Dive BVI to Dogs and Saba Tues Spring Wed Dive BVI Safari to Indians and Cooper Thurs flex day Fri with a North Sound night then wrap it up back at Spring! I am already there in my mind...Safe travels my friend.

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

Excellent schedule. Try to snorkel Mountain Trunk while you are in the Mahoe area. Head north...left...when you enter the water and find the amj

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

Sorry, phone issues. Head north...RIGHT when you enter the water and locate the main reef. Saw a lot of squid, a huge cuda, and two turtles. The reef looks very good.

There is Wifi at Mondelo now. The code is on the router next to the phone. Works great.

Have a safe trip.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

So glad to hear you and your family had another great trip! Looking forward to hearing more, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Boston
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

I can't believe you are still there. I have already gone and come back from TCI. have you tried coco maya yet? Glad to hear you are having a great time.

I had some lousy weather days in Turks & Caicos, 2 overcast and 1.5 rain. The whole time I was thinking, I wonder what it is like over in the Eastern Caribbean, especially VG.

By the way, Turks & Caicos doesn't have the same vibe as VG. I loved my vacation on TCI, but I just couldn't feel the vibe. I think you know what I mean.

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

Hi Boston Tia!

We got back to Atlanta around 1:20am Sunday morning (American moved our original flight times and then we got delayed. LLLOOONNNGGG day - thought I was going to have to go through a divorce there for a little while :).

I am sorry your weather was not the best. It actually rained quite a bit on VG but almost all at night. Slightly overcast and the ocean was not as smooth as usual some days but most days it was nigh perfect and it only ever rained one afternoon starting around 5:30 and going through the evening.

Went to CocoMaya last Thursday night and have already reviewed it. Truly outstanding, especially for a VI restaurant. They even had my wife's favorite beer (Duvel) on the menu. Might have been her favorite birthday present.

Very enjoyable and relaxing trip and look forward to returning as soon as possible.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

Welcome Back!! I will check out your review on Coco Maya. I have already decided it is a must for next time.

Glad you are still married and had a great time.

I will be booking my 2014 VG trip soon. Jet Blue already has their schedule posted through February!!

10. Re: Hey ACB, how goes it? How about a mid-trip report?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 07:17