We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the Rocks Villa!! Review inside!

Alabama
Level Contributor
25 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
On the Rocks Villa!! Review inside!

Stayed at On The Rocks in mid June. Cannot say enough good things about it. Below is the review I gave it on the Rentals Page:

My wife and I, along with our 17 year old daughter, 13 year old son, and my daughter's friend just returned from a week stay at On The Rocks villa in Virgin Gorda. Words cannot describe how perfect this home was for our vacation. The Villa is Magnificent!

Unfortunately, we do not get to travel every year like we wish, but have stayed in several villas on St. Barth's as well as St. John. When we do, the one thing I insist on is nice accommodations. On The Rocks, is our favorite villa vacation so far!

Starting with the reservation, which we booked directly with the owner through VRBO, all the way to departure, the service was top notch! This was our first time to Virgin Gorda, so the owner and his property manager were extremely helpful in every aspect of planning our vacation. They recommended restaurants, grocery, activities, etc. so we felt completely at peace from the time we arrived on the island. Then we arrive at the villa itself!

On The Rocks is spectacular inside and out. The design, the furnishings and decor, the view all portray the same theme....Comfortable Elegance! Every detail is covered, exceptional appliances, a fabulous custom built in charcoal grill ( which was perfect for a father's day cookout), a cozy hammock, dreamy bedding, four outdoor showers, a refreshing pool, and the list goes on and on.

The location on the island I found to be unbeatable. 5 minutes one way and you were at the Harbour and town. 3 minutes the other, and you were at The Baths. But most importantly, was a small walk about 100 yards to the most fabulous beach I have been on. Most of the week, our family were the only ones on Little Trunk Bay. The snorkeling among the boulders was awesome. Sitting in the beach chairs watching the sunset with a cold drink in hand, the perfect end to a perfect day. Other islands I visited required a 10 to 15 minute drive to such a beach, but here at On The Rocks, it was a easy short walk. We found ourselves wanting to stay there, rather than drive to the other beaches on Virgin Gorda.

If you desire to stay at a top notch Villa, with quality furnishings and comfort, a perfect location, and exceptional service, then you must try On The Rocks! It will exceed your expectations I guarantee, as it did mine. Please feel free to message me about this Villa and I will be glad to share any info I have.

Its not a question of if we will return, just how quickly!!

Thank you "On The Rocks" for sharing your wonderful home with our family!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: On the Rocks Villa!! Review inside!

Well truth be told I am a Hoya before I am a Dawg. My wife and I are both from Georgia.

Deep Woods Off works well. DEET is not something I prefer to use regularly but it is the only thing that really works. The best thing to keep them off of you is a breeze.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: On the Rocks Villa!! Review inside!

Not a lot of us living in the PNW head to VI with Hawaii a 6 hour flight away but I'm originally from Illinois and proud to call myself a Saluki but they play D2 so who cares. Grad school at Oregon and a 10 year season ticket holder so my money and my loyalty are in Eugene. But I play well with others. Babysister lives in GA and is a GSU grad so I usually cheer for UGA!!!

We took Deep Woods off and it worked fine BUT used DEET after dusk when we got swarmed.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: On the Rocks Villa!! Review inside!

Gorgeous Villa! Thanks for sharing!

24. Re: On the Rocks Villa!! Review inside!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations