We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you walk from the Baths to Spring Bay Beach?

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
316 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Can you walk from the Baths to Spring Bay Beach?

I plan on a trip to the Baths from St. John, but hubs really hates crowds. I want to see the actual Baths however....so I thought maybe a couple hours at the Baths and then head to Spring Bay?? Will I need to get a cab from the Baths to Spring Bay? Thanks!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you walk from the Baths to Spring Bay Beach?

It is about a 15-20 minute walk from the Baths to Spring Bay down the road. You might could get a cab driver to run you over if there is one hanging around the Baths. Or, you could ask a cab driver to meet you at a certain time to pick you up. They will do that for you!

Also, be aware that you can snorkel from the Baths to Spring Bay. Takes about ten minutes or so. The area between Spring Bay and the Baths is crowded with fish.

I am willing to bet that you husband will get the "I told you so" this time. The Baths are fabulous, but the Spring Bay to Valley Trunk area is almost as cool with the added benefit of virtually no people (by the time you get to Valley Trunk there might not be a person left to share it with you). As old time St John fans who use to day trip over to VG, we are glad we stay there now so we can visit the Baths before 1030am and after 4pm.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
146 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you walk from the Baths to Spring Bay Beach?

Yes, you can walk from the Bahs to Spring Bay. They are next to one another. See the map https://maps.google.com/maps?q=map+virgin+gorda&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8c0581c43e48c3d9:0xebf9a8b73529b85e,Virgin+Gorda&gl=us&ei=jHOrUq-DGOXIsATUr4GoBw&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

western ny
Level Contributor
237 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you walk from the Baths to Spring Bay Beach?

We were just here this a.m. First time visitors, had planned to go to the Baths, got there about 830(?) and there must have been cruise ships at Tortola because there were about 50 people there who had just got off the taxis. Can't imagine they made it that early from STT. So, we turned around and went back to Spring Bay (we had a rental car). There was no one, and I mean no one at Spring Bay the whole 2 1/2 hrs we were there. Spring bay had a lot of big boulders too and was very pretty. We are going back to the Baths tomorrow to explore it, but it was so nice and peaceful at Spring Bay! And can I say how I appreciate all the picnic tables they had. Even that they had garbage cans was super nice. Two thumbs up!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you walk from the Baths to Spring Bay Beach?

Glad you enjoyed Spring Bay, grapefarmer. Hard to go back to the Baths after you have enjoyed the peace and quiet and beauty of the Spring Bay/Crawl area. I actually really like the Baths after 4pm. My son and I have snorkeled over there from Spring Bay several times and had the place to ourselves in the late afternoon. The shadows make quite a show among the boulders that time of day as well.

5. Re: Can you walk from the Baths to Spring Bay Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:19