We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveler in BVIs

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
8 posts
Save Topic
Solo traveler in BVIs

I will be traveling solo to Virgin Gorda from August 24th to September 2nd. Anyone know about the good places to go to find good camraderie? Or anyone else going to be wandering the islands independently?

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo traveler in BVIs

Be aware that you are coming at a VERY slow time of year. Most restaurants will be closed and there are very few people around. A few places that will be open are the beach bar at Leverick Bay, the Bath & Turtle, Mad Dogs, Flying Iguana, the local bars up at the North Sound , maybe the Mine Shaft. Any of these would be a good place to meet up with people, the few of us that haven't gone off island on vacation and the handful of visitors that might be here.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
3 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo traveler in BVIs

Hi David,

I plan to be traveling there solo the first week in August, I will let you know what I find there. I really love to travel solo in the carribean and have found most places to be friendly, I actually went to Jamaica 2 years ago and had a great time, met alot of other great people. Too bad you won't be there earlier in the month! I will check it all out and let you know what I find out.

Jayne

New York
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo traveler in BVIs

Any bars that are still open will be friendly but VG is slow at the best of times as another poster said, this is slow season. If you are happy chatting with locals, then there are always plenty of bars open.

Virginia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo traveler in BVIs

Thanks for the input, Yank and Drivexx. Jaynem, it is too bad you won't be there a few weeks later. I'm eager to hear how your trip goes and what you discover as a fellow solo-traveler.

Tortola, BVI
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo traveler in BVIs

Its true that Virgin Gorda, will be relativily slow at that time of year. But I am sure you will be able to find things to do and friendly people to chat with. Virgin Gorda is extremely beautiful, be sure to let it all soak in. : )

6. Re: Solo traveler in BVIs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 06:30