We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L & S email?

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
L & S email?

We are traveling to Virgin Gorda the first week of June and I was planning to rent a vehicle from L & S on the advice of our villa owner. I have tried emailing them and also filled out the form on their website, but with no response.

Have others had success working with them via email?

I was trying to avoid having to pay fees to call them by phone, and also prefer having email records.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L & S email?

I see a couple of past postings about problems contacting them: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147358-i651-k5122… and tripadvisor.com/…32682619 but they are in business--I saw some of their vehicles just this week. Try again. This is the web site you used? http://www.landsjeeprental.com/

We used Mahogany http://www.mahoganycarrentalsbvi.com/ They were fine. Met us at the airport and arranged for us to drop off at the airport too.

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L & S email?

Thanks for the reply, Roger. That is the website that I used...I filled out the form on their site and sent an email a few days later when I hadn't heard anything. It's been almost two weeks, so perhaps it's time to just try Mahogany instead!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L & S email?

There have been complaints from someone recently on another post about Mahogany not responding to their email as well. I have used them multiple times and think they do an awesome job. Here is my suggestion concerning contacting car rental companies in the VI: call them.

California
Level Contributor
6,535 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: L & S email?

The email link from there web site usually doesn't work. Here's a back up email address for them although most of the time you need to call.

Lscarrentals@surfbvi.com

ps: Don't worry, L&S is a good company and once you get there you won't have a problem.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: L & S email?

Past experience tells me that C&W the provider of internet on the island may be down and that is often the reason that one sees email interruptions - cheers brian

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: L & S email?

Thanks for the alternate email address, Clint, I'll give that a shot. Though it looks like I may just need to give in and call :) Both L & S and Mahogany seem to have great customer satisfaction, so I'm sure however it works out we'll be satisfied.

June cannot come soon enough!

California
Level Contributor
6,535 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: L & S email?

When we were there last June the weather was perfect, only wish I was going back this year. I was out voted and now going to Maui instead. A complete opposite of Virgin Gorda!

Central Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: L & S email?

Clint your email address was the trick, sent it to Lscarrentals@surfbvi.com and heard back with in an hour! Everything is now lined up :)

We've been to St. John several times and took a day trip to JVD, but this is our first time going to Virgin Gorda.

California
Level Contributor
6,535 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: L & S email?

Glad it worked out, we also had been to the USVI many times prior to VG and found it completely different. Very few tourists for the most part so it's a very relaxing place and there's no fighting for beach space or parking except maybe at the Baths National Park. Have a great time!

10. Re: L & S email?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 04:25
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations