We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very Sad News

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Very Sad News

Good afternoon,

Alashas, a DE for the Virgin Gorda forum, passed away over the weekend. Those of us who had contact with him, either in person or on this forum, knew what a warm and delightful human being he was. I consider myself honored to have had him as an advisor and a source of inspiration. He was a man who appreciated all around him and found beauty and joy in his travels.

Please take an opportunity to examine his posts and appreciate his sage advice and extraordinary pictures.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Very Sad News

I wondered why he hasn't been posting in many months, he helped me get to know Nail Bay area.

very nice man, God Bless him and his family

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very Sad News

Oh, I am so very sorry! He was such a nice man and helped me a great deal in planning our trip to the BVI's a few years ago- I so loved his videos of diving/snorkeling. He was a wonderful resource and a very giving person.

Does anyone have any information about how to send our regards to his wife or family?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Very Sad News

Sad news indeed my condolences to those that knew him. I've read many of his posts and viewed the photos and videos and gained good advice and inspiration.

It is so kind of the destination experts to give so freely of their private time to help enhance our travels and his past posts will continue to give many fellow BVI travelers an enjoyable trip.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
6,673 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very Sad News

Very sorry to hear this news, alashas was one of my favorite advisors and posters as I learned Through him the beauty the BVI had to offer. I feel like we've all lost a family member as he shared so much of his experiences with us. He was an inspiration to us newcomers wanting to get our feet wet and I had missed him these several months...

Thanks for sharing ACB.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very Sad News

I too am very saddened by this news. Alashas was a big part of the BVI community and was so helpful. I didn't hesitate to contact him privately about the BVI or about personal situations I found myself in.

This forum, in my opinion, is the best forum on Trip Advisor that I have found. Part of that reason is the Destination Experts. They set the tone for the mutual exchange of information and Alashas did that so well, as does ACB.

I give thanks to Alashas for all the time, effort, and fun he provided to all of us.

Hayden, Alabama
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Very Sad News

Certainly sad news. I am also thankful he enjoyed sharing his knowledge and am glad his words will remain.

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very Sad News

OMGosh...very sad indeed. He helped me years ago when I was planning a combined trip to the US & British Virgins. A gracious, thoughtful DE. My condolences to his family, friends and anyone on the boards who actually knew him.

Wonderfully thoughtful of you to share this with us ACB! :(

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Very Sad News

That is very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

He helped me on each of my five trips to the BVI. I loved that he always made sure every post got some kind of response, and his advice was always good. He will be missed.

9. Re: Very Sad News

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:15