We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with One night hotel in VG before boarding a charter.

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
432 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with One night hotel in VG before boarding a charter.

We are flying into STT on a Monday, landing about 1:00pm. Our charter is meeting us in VG at our request. Spent time on STT … want to get to BVI. :)

1. I know there isn't a ferry directly to VG on Monday through Speedys…is there another ferry company that I am missing? And if not, I have heard that there is a way to do it through Tortola but I can't find it. Please help!

2. We need a hotel, preferably on the beach in VG but doesn't have to be, for one night. Would like to be close to the harbor if we can so we don't have to take a taxi but again we can take a taxi if we need too. What suggestions would you experts have?

Thank you!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with One night hotel in VG before boarding a charter.

This should work for you:

As far as ferry companies go, avoid Smith's and Native Son. The best companies, in order, are:

- Speedy's

- North Sound Express

- Road Town Fast Ferry

No need to book a ferry in advance. The ferries are A LOT less expensive than a water taxi. Speedy's is very dependable, never had an issue with them. If you are going to Tortola after arriving on a 1:00 flight, take the 10 minute cab to the Charlotte Amalie terminal for the BVI. Take the 4:15 Road Town Fast Ferry to Tortola. By time you get to the ferry dock it will be at least 1:30pm. You can check your bags at the dock and stroll into town or eat at the restaurant upstairs. Ferry will take about an hour to get to Road Town. Take the 6:45pm Speed's ferry. If you leave at 4:15 from St Thomas you will arrive in Road Town about 5:15pm. Go through customs, add another 15 minutes. That puts you at 5:30. Again, you can check you bags and wander around town for an hour or so. Ferry to VG is about 30 minutes or less. Here are the schedules:

bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_sttCA_tortola.htm

bestofbvi.com/info/bviferry_tortola_vg.htm

Places to stay within walking distance:

High end: rosewoodhotels.com/en/little-dix-bay-virgin-…

Low end: http://www.fischerscove.com/

Oregon
Level Contributor
432 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with One night hotel in VG before boarding a charter.

ACB!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! That sounds perfect. By the time we get to VG we will have been traveling for exactly 24 hours but by that time it won't matter because we will be back in the BVI where I left my soul last year. All will be right with the world!

We love our charter captain…he knows the ins and out of the BVI so well. last time we started in STT but because of weather we didn't get to go to VG …We went from Peter Island to Jost and back to STT. This time we are starting in VG! I know we want to spend 2 night at Jost..but in your opinion what are the "DO NOT MISS" places …. most beautiful beaches? And other than Peter Island are there any places that might have a pool that we can enjoy for an afternoon?

Thank you SO Much!

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with One night hotel in VG before boarding a charter.

Spend a night or 2 at leverick.....rent a car for a day and go to the Baths, Savannah Bay and Hog Heaven.....or do that before you start your charter......

4. Re: Help with One night hotel in VG before boarding a charter.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 06:16