We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leverick bay watersports

seattle
1 post
Save Topic
leverick bay watersports

if you are looking to see the islands i would suggest doing an excursion, it is

more cost effective. the only place you can rent your own boat to do your own

exploring is from leverick bay watersports but the boats are old, and the

equipment is shotty, half of the equipment doesnt work and the prices are too

high. the depth gauges are very inaccurate that is if they work so you risk

running into coral reefs.

very unprofessional staff

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leverick bay watersports

I have rented and been a passenger on every Bradley powerboat that Leverick Bay Watersports has. I have never, not once, experienced, any problems on one of these boats. They have always been well maintained and are not old boats. I can't comment on the depth guages as that is not an issue in BVI waters. The water is very clear and I've never had a problem seeing reefs or reading a simple chart that shows areas where there are reefs. These boats draw about one to one and a half feet. If you manage to hit something in a boat that draws as little as that, then you are inexperienced or not paying attention to the surrounding waters, and probably should hire a captain to take you around.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leverick bay watersports

We just returned from a week on VG. We loved the island but hated Leverick Bay Watersports! We went twice to rent a dinghy and we were told "no dinghys" . Even though there were 3 dinghys on the beach the whole time we were there. The man at the place was rude and short with us on both of our encounters with him. He never offered us an alternate option or even made eye contact with us. Certainly not the impression first timers to VG should have encountered. We were highly disappointed with him and in turn with Leverick Bay Watersports. We would happily have rented a $85 full day dinghy IF he would have let us and we would have happily spent money on the surrounding little islands (Prickly Pear, Mosquito and Saba) IF we had the dinghy. I would think in "OFF" season you would be happy to have a person renting from you and patronizing the surrounding islands bar/restaurants. I would imagine those bar/restaurants would be disappointed to know that the day trippers weren't able to visit them (and spend some money there) because of Leverick Bay Watersports?!!

3. Re: leverick bay watersports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 00:19