We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VG with 18 months old

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
VG with 18 months old

Hi,

We are taking our 18 months old daughter on vacation in VG in December. We are gonna stay at Guavaberry Springbay.

Now, we were wondering how the pathes to the beaches are. Are the beaches accesible with a baby stroller? We have a very outdoorsy type of stroller, but still, it goes on wheels... Or are we better of with a backpack for the baby? We would prefer the stroller because she can nap in it...

Also, what kind of planes fly to Virgin Gorda? Do they even take baby strollers?

thanks for your help,

Daniela

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VG with 18 months old

Access to the beach at Spring Bay is easy via a paved road. You will not be able to get to the Baths with a stroller- it's a rocky trail several hundred feet long. You need to purchase one of the backpack things that you can carrry your child in. This will be much easier than dealing with a stroller. Guavaberry does provide beach chairs at Spring Bay and I bet your child will have no probelm in sleeping in those- they are swayed back like a stroller.

I can't answer your question about flying into VG. We usually fly American into Beef Island and ferry over.

If you've never been to VG, you are in for a treat.

boston
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: VG with 18 months old

thanks, tarheel!

so, what about the ferries? Do you think they will take a stroller?

Daniela

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VG with 18 months old

There is lots of room on the ferry that runs from Roadtown, Tortola to VG. The North Sound Express which is adjacent to the airport is a smaller boat and the space is more limited but if the stroller is collapsible, there should be room.

There are some incredible beaches near Guavaberry, some of which require a little climbing. Spring Bay is beautiful but if your in for a little adventure, walk down towards the Crawl. It's the direction opposite the Baths. You'll see some pic-nic tables down there. Climb up over and down the rocks and you'll come to Little Trunk Bay. Walk along the beach there a short distance til it ends and climb up the hill. There may be a rope there to help. You'll see a nice home with a pool. Follow the path and you'll come to a nice expanse of beach called Trunk Bay. It will probably be totally deserted and believe me, it's a picture post card.

boston
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: VG with 18 months old

thank you very much, I just printed this page to take along on the trip.. :-)

But do you think it is possible to do all this with a toddler? She hates to be in backpacks, but she's climbing quite well. But I guess its a different thing to climb the jungle gym on the playground then to climb over big rocks. How big are the rocks anyway?

thanks again,

Daniela

5. Re: VG with 18 months old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 20:19