We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Virgin Gorda, Mexican Riviera, or someplace better

PA
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HELP! Virgin Gorda, Mexican Riviera, or someplace better

We are a family with two teens traveling in April. We've been to St John and St Kitts and loved them. I would like suggestions for where to go next. Someplace with an awesome hotel with great food, and a wonderful beach!!

Mentioned in this post
St. John
St. John
U.S. Virgin Islands
St. Kitts
St. Kitts
St. Kitts and Nevis
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
146 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Virgin Gorda, Mexican Riviera, or someplace better

My wife is an airline employee which has allowed us to travel quite a bit in the Caribbean and Mexico. If you've never been to Virgin Gorda, you need to go. It has the most beautiful, unique beaches you'll ever see and most will have very few people on them. We always rent a house across from the Baths. Check out the website for Guavaberry Spring Bay and peruse the deluxe villas that are available.

We've also been to Playa Del Carmen a couple of times and stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico which we very much enjoyed. It's common knowledge that you get more bang for your buck in Mexico and the service and food are outstanding. The beach at PDC is nice but pales in comparison to the ones on Virgin Gorda. It is much easier to get to PDC than Virgin Gorda, probably more for your kids to do in PDC.

I'd strongly recommend both of these places but like I said, if you've never been to VG, you need to go.

Mentioned in this post
The Baths
The Baths
2,511 Reviews
Virgin Gorda
Spring Bay
Spring Bay
244 Reviews
Virgin Gorda
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Hotel Riu Palace Mexico
Hotel Riu Palace Mexico
5,895 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
2. Re: HELP! Virgin Gorda, Mexican Riviera, or someplace better

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations