We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bitter end

chicago,illinois
5 posts
Save Topic
Bitter end

We are going to Bitter End in July with 6 people. We are all flying into St.Thomas. Is it better to take the ferries across or charter a boat or plane?Any other info on the Bitter End would be greatly appreciated.Should we bring bug spray?

3 replies to this topic
ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bitter end

I don't mind using the ferry from St Thomas. It only takes about an hour and a half. Chartering a boat makes no sense if the ferry schedule is in your wheelhouse. Flying over on a charter will save you some time but the cost will be greater.

Bug spray is always a good idea.

My group will be on the island July 16th through 23rd this year. There's a toddler in the group so you might want to keep your distance. :)

La Cruz de...
Level Contributor
117 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bitter end

I believe you would need to take a ferry from St. Thomas to Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda, and then North Sound Express ferry to Bitter End. It may save a lot of time to charter a boat.

Boston
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bitter end

I don't think you can take the North Sound Express from the Valley to BEYC. I could be wrong but what I mean is that I don't think you can carve out that segment if you don't come from Trellis Bay, I think you have to take a taxi from the ferry dock in Spanish Town to Gun Creek to catch the BEYC ferry. You should contact the resort as they may arrange a transfer from Spanish Town to the resort.

YES!!!! Take bug spray - lots of it!

Edited: 28 June 2011, 02:15
Reply to: Bitter end
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Sound